"Eat Your Vegetables Day" is June 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Eat Your Vegetables Day

When : Always June 17th

Strategically created in the middle of National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month, this day is the perfect opportunity to re-introduce a healthy portion of vegetables into your diet. No doubt about it, Eat Your Vegetables Day was created to promote a more heallthy diet.......for life!

On this day, you are encouraged to eat vegetables for every meal, and for a snack. Better still, try to be a vegetarian....for the day. Short of that, any additonal vegetables at meal time today will honor the event, as well as make you a little healthier. We encourage parents to let the kids help with dinner, preparing the salad and vegetables. Along the way, you tell your kids a little about the importance of vegetables for a long and healthy life.

Do we really have a to have a special day for this???

Lets fly the flag for this day, lets shut down the financial markets for this day, lets skip mail delivery, delay trash pick up, etc.....

Yes, it really is a special set-aside-day! I heard it when I was listening to Mary sue Milliken and Susan Fenniger (The Two Hot Tamales), as they have a Sunday radio show all about cooking. They also gave this silly joke:

What do you call a stalk of celery when it's blushing?

Rhubarb.

I guess this means that my daughter will have to make a carrot cake for our granddaughter Hannah's 4th birthday, which will be this June 17th. :mrgreen:

:) Barbara

Thanks jkath and middie! I have some older pictures of Hannah (and her brother Andrew) in the photo gallery, but I will have to scan their newest (and totally ADORABLE) pictures for you. Maybe I can get that done tonight. She has just grown up so much! A year ago she was wearing size 2 clothes and now she is in size 5! Her mom did that. For a year her feet didn't grow at all (yes, this is on topic! You'll see!), and I was starting to worry. She was wearing size 8 clothes, so I started making a lot of size 10 clothes. The stinker ended up bypassing size 10 altogether and went right into 12s. I guess that is why her feet stopped growing that year. All her energy went into her body growing!

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom