for whom the cook cooks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I like most foods, and have very similar tastes, so I just cook what I fancy at the time, and DH will very happily eat it. Occasionally I ask him if he has any 'special requests' - if I'm stuck for ideas!

Our kids are another matter - despite making all my own baby foods when they were little, and despite introducing them to many different ethnic foods and tastes when they were very young - they have still sadly deteriorated into a typical kid 'Pizza & Hot Dog' preference. My youngest is more willing to try new things than here older sister (who lives, I swear, on Lean Pockets, Pizza and Macaroni Cheese....). I try to compensate by serving them the same vegetables but with a different protein source (a small amount of mac 'n' cheese with lots of peas, corn & mashed potatoes is better for them than just a big bowl of mac 'n' cheese on it's own). Or I'll serve the same pasta, but with a different sauce. I then encourage them to just try a bit of what we are having....

Paint.

I like to cook but not nearly as much as Barbara, But I will eat what is put before me and try to enjoy it cause I know she is first a good cook , and becuase I love her. She loves to try new things. The only things I won't eat is Liver,Lamb,crab,oysters,crawldaddys, Rocky Mountain Oysters, and internal organs like kidneys,brain,tonue stuff like that. and I do not like much cummin. That spice and green sauce curls my nostril hairs. :sick: :sick:
I am more of a griller or baker, than a cook!
But I also don't try to make it hard on her either cause she does it all with love!

I guess I'm unique. No kids. But mostly in that I chose my husband based on his tastes in food! Ha! No, not completely, but it was a factor. After being married to a druggie whose repetoir was mostly sandwiches (very plain ones on plain white bread), I moved to the DC area for professional reasons and would hit ethnic restaurants whenever I could. When I met my husband I was dating two other men, and when it came right down to it, I couldn't see spending the rest of my life eating burgers every day and steak and potatoes for special. Here was a man who introduced me to Korean and Thai foods. I woke up one morning and was hit on the head by my guardian angel. "Dump the burgers and steak guys, even if they are taller (I'm quite tall) and better looking and have more romantic appeal, and get going on the guy who loves all the stuff you love, treats you like gold, and you consider 'just a freind'" I did so, and now cook whatever appeals to me, because I know it will appeal to him as well.

Back
Top Bottom