Grrrr......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Ok, today is my B-day. I'm a whopping 32 years old. Yee. Haa.

Well, my DW didn't think to go get a cheapie cake mix to make a cake for me. She doesn't know what I like. I told her, "Have you ever see me turn my nose up at ANY kind of cake?" She actually did have an answer, "Strawberry" (she has an addiction to anything, and I mean, ANYTHING, strawberry, jam, jelly, syrup, muffins, cake, frosting, Kool-aid, soda, etc.)

I looked at her and said I'd even eat a Strawberry cake. But, it's no big deal, as I prefer "from scratch" anyways, and I have a couple hundred different cake recipes on my computer.

Earlier, I started looking, and found a nice-sounding Banana Oatmeal crunch-type cake. It's small, only yielding a 8" square cake pan, but, I have everything (so I thought), and the size would be perfect for my (Hopeful!) cookbook.

A little while ago, I got ready to make it, and lo and behold, WE'RE OUT OF EGGS! They used all the eggs for Easter, and didn't go get any more. I've got all the kids here, and she's got the car seats, so I can't even take them to the store to go buy a dozen really quick.

:mad:

Poor Allen! {{{hug}}}

I made the cake below for a coworker of my hubby's a couple weeks ago. How about I go home and make one for you, too (at least in spirit)? :chef:

Here's your cake, Allen. Happy Birthday!

img_100140_0_0cf1ab7a034581415bdd9b99733c67c4.gif

PA Baker said:
Poor Allen! {{{hug}}}

I made the cake below for a coworker of my hubby's a couple weeks ago. How about I go home and make one for you, too (at least in spirit)? :chef:

Happy Birthday you poor baby! Do you have a grocery store that delivers?

PA that is a gorgeous cake! Remind me if I ever get married to call on you!!!!

Happy Birthday..maybe she will bring one home to you.
I haven't had a B.D. cake since my mother brought one to the skating rink for me to share with all and I was 16 years old. Take that from 71...( 55 years)
Marge~Dove

middie said:
aww allen i'm sorry. i have a bout 2 dozen in my fridge. maybe i can email you a few? :LOL:
LOL Middie! At first I thought you meant you had about 2 dozen cakes in your fridge! I assume you meant eggs!

I'm sorry you didn't get your cake Allen! I hope your birthday is a happy one otherwise.

:) Barbara

Happy Birthday Allen..........I'm sending you a big oooeeeeeee goooooooeeeeeeee chocolate 3 tiered cake via this post. Sorry but I don't know how to put those cute little pics on my posts or I'd show you what you'll be receiving. Anyway I hope the remainder of your special day turned out special. And by the way 32 was a good year!

middie said:
lol barbara. yes i meant eggs :LOL:
:ROFLMAO: I thought the same thing and wouldn't have thought otherwise unless you and Barbara clarified. I kept thinking "is it because she works in a bakery? Did she have to store extras at home?" Obviously, I'm not having the best of mornings! :rolleyes:

PA Baker said:
:ROFLMAO: I thought the same thing and wouldn't have thought otherwise unless you and Barbara clarified. I kept thinking "is it because she works in a bakery? Did she have to store extras at home?" Obviously, I'm not having the best of mornings! :rolleyes:
roflmao. so you're not having the best of mornings. it happens to all of us. i happen to have not the best of days quite often lol.

Back
Top Bottom