Hey, y'all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
Hey folks! Thought I'd drop by and say hi. I've been really, really busy and just haven't had any leisure time to do anything. Work really picked up and on top of that, a buddy and I bought a classic boat that turned into a legal nightmare. I hope y'all didn't think I abandoned you, you know how much I love you guys, just been really busy. :mrgreen: :cool:

Last edited:
DARN good to hear from you my friend!!! :mrgreen: Legal battle huh? Dosent sound like fun. But the boat does! Pop in more often if you can. And everything will work itself out. :) Be on the right side of things and Im sure you will get rewarded somehow.

Great to see you DC! I hope the legal problems work out in your favor and once they do you will be able to relax on the boat :)

hi damp !! great "seeing" you again !!
hope everything gets worked out for
ya soon. take care and pop in whenever
you can !!

Sush and GB, what's up? Sorry I haven't popped in for a long time but my time has been pretty eaten up by work and the boat came along and a dream came true. I was helping one of my buddies move and we drove by farmhouse with an old boat on the front lawn with a $250 sign on it. We turned around, checked the hull, cuddy cabin and engine and they looked in great condition. We offered the guy $150 and he took it immediately. After a few days of research we find out that it's a 1959 18' wood/fiberglass Squall King built by an obscure custom boat builder in Florida. There's only a few left and we stumbled on one that's in excellent shape. This one has a 1964 Evinrude SportFour 60 HP that looks like it ran yesterday. So far, all it needs is a head piece and starter. Then we went to the Division of Watercraft and everything fell apart. Without going into detail (we weren't thinking about the entire picture when we bought it) we're finally driving up to Cleveland next Monday to pick up the title after playing phone tag between two attorneys. ACK! My buddy and I have been prepping the boat for restoration nonstop. I'll be posting some pictures soon, I think you'll like it! I miss y'all, I just got a dream boat and I can't stop working on it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: Hey, Middie! I'll be in your neck of the woods!

I can't wait to see those pictures. The boat sounds amazing. I have always wanted to buy a boat to restore. I think that would be such a satisfying thing to do.

Hey DC, good to see you here. A boat that sounds like a wonderful way to spend time..Have fun:LOL:
kadesma:)

Here ya go, GB.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/ErikDC/Picture1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/ErikDC/Picture2.jpg

Those are pics of it still sitting in the previous "owner's" driveway. Since then all the hillbilly rigging has been thrown in the garbage and the interior fiberglass and decking has been sanded down. Next project is to take up part of the deck so we can get a good look at the stringers and inner hull. While we're down there we're installing a bilge pump. Hopefully will be done by Saturday evening!

Sush, it won't be a 'she' until I'm holding the title in my hands! We're thinking about "Neon Moon," what do ya think? Fits the song pretty well! :cool:

Middie, I'm up your way either Monday or Tuesday, not sure what part of town. Where's 142nd?

Hi Damp! We've missed you around here! Hopefully everything will be smooth sailing for you soon with your boat. When you get some time pop in and visit some more.

:) Barbara

Kadesma, we're gonna have a blast! We'll be spending a pretty penny on this one, tho. I'll be posting pictures! :cool:

Haven't talked to you for a long time, Barb, how's life? :cool: Missed ya!

Do we have to drive down the Curve of Death to get there, Middie? :ermm:

Sorry, Middie, I've been to Cleveland a ton of times but it's always in the Flats or Case Western, don't know the rest of the city. :rolleyes: I'l look like a tourist driving trough that town! :LOL:

not a problem damp. i lived in cleveland my whole life and still don't know how to get to the flats lmao. and downtown oh forget about it lol

oh hey i'm working monday and tuesday 2-7 both days so if you get a chance maybe you can come out this way and we can meet !! i'll pm you my work number

lol, what does a tourist look like in cleveland damp?
glad to hear you're well, and have thrown your money into a hole in the water. what type of boat?

lol, what does a tourist look like in cleveland ?

lost bucky that's what they look like !!
lmao at myself cause i look that way
most of the time too !!

Back
Top Bottom