I Love My Kids!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
My children are sneaky but lovable little buggers!! I had about a 1/4 of a carton of whipping cream in the frige & TC decided he wanted to make butter. So, he poured the cream into a jar & started shaking away. I walked into the den where he was sitting on the floor & at first I thought he was going crazy or something. When I discovered what he was doing I just stood back & watched quietly. He passed the jar to Savannah a few times so she could shake it too. When the butter was made, he took it in the kitchen, poured it through a strainer & saved the "buttermilk". He then took some plain white bread & spread some butter on it for the 3 of us. It was so sweet & the fresh butter was fantastic!!:)

Dang that is cute. We need to have a "Story" section, like the photo gallery for these moments. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks y'all! They both amaze me every day. It's amazing how much they remember. It was about 3 weeks ago when TC read a thing on making butter.

That is absolutely sweet..............smart little cookie too I didn't know you could make butter that way......think I'm going to have to try that one. Maybe I'll sit on the front porch while my neighbor nancy is mowing her lawn and see what her reaction will be this time.....:)

That is VERRRRRRY cute!!!!!! :mrgreen: But my cats did that 2 weeks ago. :-p :LOL: Ok.... well they looked like they wanted butter. :rolleyes: Its not the same thing. Cutest thing I have heard in awhile! Tell them both we all said hello and what good kids they are!!

Thanks y'all!:)

PA, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one. It would be great to have chef in the family to feed me & hubby when we're too old to cook!:LOL:

I'll tell them Sushi. We're taking a break from shelling roasted peanuts right now. TC want's to try something with them & he won't tell me what!!:ermm:

/crewsk,

That's one smart little guy you have. I think, I'll let my grandson Cade try this..He loves to help me and is my "baby" so we do many things together..He is my cookie baker:LOL:
Thanks for sharing.
kadesma

Sure thing mudbug! He even washes dishes!!:LOL:

Well, he decided to do is thing with the peanuts & they're pretty darn good. He took the shelled peanuts & mixed 1/2 a stick melted butter, 1/4C. worsterchire sauce, & 1tsp. Tabasco, poured that over the nuts & baked them at 275F for about 30 minutes. My job was to stir them about every 5 minutes & take them out of the oven when they were done. They could've used more Tobasco for my taste & his but he said that since daddy & Savannah would be eating them too he didn't want them too hot.

What a great idea! I think you should post that recipe under the nuts section of the board (with huge credit to TC of course). They sound like a great snack! He is a very smart young man!

Back
Top Bottom