I quit drinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Bang, well done! If temptation should rear its ugly head, here's a tip that helped my better half give up smoking.

Just wait fifteen minutes for it to pass.

Apparently that's the time it takes for a craving to come and go (& it's a LOT easier to do than a whole lifetime!)

"Never try to eat the whole elephant at one sitting"! :LOL:

Good luck - you can do it!

Bangbang said:
norgeskog said:
good for you bang, now you can start saving for the new special thing you want with the $$ you are saving, reward yourself.

Yep.....I am going to redo my Salt Water Tank.
Great news Bang. Hang in there. Do you have a pic of your tank?

MJ said:
Bangbang said:
norgeskog said:
good for you bang, now you can start saving for the new special thing you want with the $$ you are saving, reward yourself.

Yep.....I am going to redo my Salt Water Tank.
Great news Bang. Hang in there. Do you have a pic of your tank?

No pic right now. My lights are dead. That is what I am going to get with my "booze" money. :LOL:

Congrats Bang! You've got my best wishes, support, and being totally PC incorrect - my prayers.

WOW! Look at all the possibilities for things that you can use that $$ for! Your aquarium ... or a "Gourmet" meal instead of Mac-n-Cheese!!!!

Michael in FtW said:
Congrats Bang! You've got my best wishes, support, and being totally PC incorrect - my prayers.

WOW! Look at all the possibilities for things that you can use that $$ for! Your aquarium ... or a "Gourmet" meal instead of Mac-n-Cheese!!!!

I am eatin steak instead of hamburger. :D

That's great news! I actually thought you where kidding us about the vodka every time you mentioned it. Hmm... I highly recomend very dry, flavored sparkling water. As a fellow drinker of spirits the slight bitter and lot's of taste this has is pretty much interchangeble with my liccour cravings.

Lugaru said:
That's great news! I actually thought you where kidding us about the vodka every time you mentioned it. Hmm... I highly recomend very dry, flavored sparkling water. As a fellow drinker of spirits the slight bitter and lot's of taste this has is pretty much interchangeble with my liccour cravings.

Lemon is good too....

Good for you, Bang! What a scary, courageous thing to do--I'm so proud of you!

Enjoy your steak and your aquarium--you sure deserve both treats! And remember we're always here anytime you need us!
19.gif

After so much support, how can you consider even thinking of doing it? The people here are so awesome. I admire all of you for encouraging bang for continuing to attempt to make changes in life. We all need this. I know bang will have days where there is weak moment this has to be the time to read these comments over and over again. Reading something more than ONCE reinforces a habit as well as temptation. Bang will notice changes that was not aware of. Many times life becomes a blur when we want to escape it. I know the best will come to bang and family. Best days ahead. May you always know this group is here for you. Consider your blessings. You have many.

I don't know how I didn't see this post before. Bang way to go man!!! I am very proud of you. I know you will be able to do whatever you put your mind to.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
(((((((((((((((((BANG))))))))))))))))))) I hug you in a manly way! :shock:
:LOL:

Its been 2 weeks now. I feel pretty good but the caravings get pretty bad at times. I will try the water with lemon or lime. I have been eating a lot of cookies,cake,and brownies. I got a huge apetite now.

I like lugura's suggestion about drinking the dry sparkling water with lemon or lime - and I also like the timeframe of waiting 15 minutes - you might want to start keeping stuff like grape tomatoes, apples, carrots, etc. around instead of that other stuff.

How are you feeling? Are your other symptoms easier to control now?

kitchenelf said:
I like lugura's suggestion about drinking the dry sparkling water with lemon or lime - and I also like the timeframe of waiting 15 minutes - you might want to start keeping stuff like grape tomatoes, apples, carrots, etc. around instead of that other stuff.

How are you feeling? Are your other symptoms easier to control now?

I am sore from getting leg cramps but I feel pretty good. Been eatin lots of soup and sweets like cookies,brownies,donuts,and cake. Guess I won't loose much weight but at least I will be sober. :LOL: The 15 minute suggestion is a good one. Problem is the cravings come every 16 minutes. :LOL:

Bangbang said:
Guess I won't loose much weight but at least I will be sober. :LOL: The 15 minute suggestion is a good one. Problem is the cravings come every 16 minutes. :LOL:

You can only deal with so many things at once so don't worry too much about the weight for now--what you're working on is more important! Do you still go to the gym?

Can you take some potassium supplements? Sounds like that's what you need possibly. I agree with PA - you are working on something much more important than a cookie!!!! I wasn't thinking.

Can you talk to your doctor and get his/her recommendation for your leg cramps?

Potassium does wonders for leg cramps. Eat a banana or what I do is pop a couple of Tums. The usually get rid of my leg cramps instantly. I am sure you know this with your nursing background, but direct and constant pressure on a leg cramp is good too.

Back
Top Bottom