I'm Mad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm so mad. I went and got an eye exam last week for contacts. They called me yesterday and said my contacts were in. I thought "Wow not even a week that's cool".
So I go pick them up today, got home and put them in.
#1 I think the script is wrong cause it gave me an instant headache.
#2 The darn thing didn't even fit !!!!!!! The one in my left eye is fine but the one in my right eye keeps sliding around. I blink and I can't see into the contact falls back in place. I move my eyes left and right and the contact didn't move with my eye like it was supposed to. The contacts are green so I kept seeing green in my vision when I moved my eyes. And they're SUPPOSED to make my eyes look green. They STILL looked brown to me!!!!
Sorry, just had to vent. First thing tomorrow I'm taking them back and throwing a fit!

no it wasn't upside down (they're round so there is no upside down... is there???). it wasn't inside out and yes my glasses were off lol. i never had that problem with my contacts before. i don't know if it was too big or too small? i just know it didn't move with my eye like it's supposed to. it's like my eye moved and the contact stayed where it was.

i know. usually they do. but they we're busy and we were in a hurry. if we didn't have to hurry i would have insisted.

I do not blame you middie. Your eye doctor should have had you put them in with him present to show you how and help you with problems. I would give me an earfull, especially if he charges you for an office visit. Keep us informed, hope all works out.

What kind of contacts were they? I've had rigid gas permeable lenses that are incredibly easy to get in and out but if they slide off center you'd think someone was screwing a red hot needle into your eye!

they're acuvue2 soft lenses. i never had this problem with lenses before. this is about the 5th time i got lenses. never had a problem until now.

Inside out? I've had my accuvues on for over an hour before they started sliding. They're so thin it's hard to tell sometimes.:)

Hey middie, there are two "usual" sizes of lenses...13.8 and 14.somethingish. I can't recall what exactly they are. But I betcha you just got the bigger size and need the smaller one. Is there a label on there you can check?

I still think you have them on upside down.
21.gif

Back
Top Bottom