Problem with closing on the house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Well we ran into a snag on the closing. It was to occur today but its been postponed. Got a call from the realtor yesterday and the last water test (well) came back that the surface water had some bacteria in it so our well guy is coming out today to fix that situation. I think what happened was when DH nephew in law tried to fix our well last time he took a cover part off and didn't replace it. Our well guy now.....he was the one that actually got our well working properly....he says whats happening is rain water is getting down into the well and it needs some part and he's coming out today to fix it.

Unfort., now we'll have to shock....put bleach down there again....he's doing it this time and he likes to reginerate that water right back into the well. So last time it took 4 days for the bleach smell to go away before we had it tested. So with the holiday being Monday we can't even get it tested till at least Tuesday. So that mean we won't be able to close till probably Friday as long as that comes back ok. It should though. The inspector that did the home inspection for the buyers knows our well guy and is very confident in him cause of his reputation.

So I need some serious prayers going up please. Please pray that our well will be fixed today. That when they do the water sample all the test come back with no abnormalities and that the closing takes place by Friday next week.

I'm better today then yesterday. I was so upset you wouldn't believe. I think the well guy knew it too because he shifted some of his jobs around just to be able to show up today.

I'll keep ya posted. Thanks guys and gals!

Thanks guys! Its just so frustrating. One day away from closing and bam! Word of advice to anyone planning on selling their home and they have a well. Don't schedule the well test within a week of closing. Give yourself at least a 3 week span to correct any problems that may arise. Our well guy said realtors do this all the time.....schedule the testing right before the closing and something usually needs corrected and then it throws off the closing date.

Lots of good luck being sent your way!

I'm sure things will work out perfectly.

Sizz, sorry to hear about the closing problem. I've heard it can happen. Had to make some minor adjustments for a prospective buyer (in last home I sold), who was a pain in the you know what. Don't think I'd do it again.

If it helps ease your stress :)rolleyes: ), you can sell it AS IS...or slice a little off the selling price & save yourself a lot of headaches.

I've been wondering about an ad that keeps running for 800 no agent. Anyone had any experience with them? Apparently, you don't need to make any repairs & they'll buy it out right (is that right?). Stick to your guns re asking price, don't settle, prospective buyer already has disclosure. You can still keep it on the market & take other offers.

Last edited:
Mish.....the mortgage company won't finance without the problem fixed. The well guy just called and he's on his way.....YIPPEE!!!!!

Sizz

It always happens at the last minute! House is such a big item on everyone's list and then you got to have this happen. It will be okay. You must remember and I am sure you do, things are supposed to happen for a reason. If only we can think of this and know if we have faith that things will turn out the way they are supposed to. But having strong faith is key. I can feel your anxiety and wish I could just make it go away but that is not in our power. Guess it is good thing else who knows what we would be doing with that power. Knowing you ask for His help is answer you are looking for. Keep looking up don't let this get you down. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted how you are doing.

Sizz, guess we went to the well once too often....groan:) Wishing you well. Get well soon. (Couldn't resist.)

LOL Mish! Well the well guy was here yesterday and completed the main part of the project. He's coming back today to do the chlorination and that has to sit for 24 hours then he'll be back tomorrow for the final stage. They'll get the water sample on Tuesday so we should know by Wed. evening or Thurs morning. I'm praying so hard.

I'm a little dishearted though. We had this cut wishing well out front that covered up the access to the well. They had to tear it down to gain better access to do the work they needed to do. It just looks so foriegn out there now. Oh well as long as what the well guy did is what will remedy the situation then the sacrifice of the wishing well will be more than worth it.

Thanks everyone for your support and please keep sending up those prayers. I'm so completely stressed and anxious right now its unbelievable.

I believe it, Sizz. Been there. Had knots in my stomach for days. Ahhh, the joys of home ownership. It will all work out.

You could throw a penny in & make a wish...or plan B - cover it with concrete. How badly does this guy want a drink of water :rolleyes: Just keep smiling. We're all sending good thoughts your way. Hoping some day soon, I can get rid of my Condo from ****.

No news yet DS. I've been too busy with work.....32 hours in 3 days and then followed by my oldest sons graduation and party yesterday........so needless to say I haven't had time to even glance at this computer for the last 4 days.

The home inspector is suppose to come tomorrow and do the water test again. Please everyone send up prayers that it comes back wth normal results and that the closing happens this week without any further delays. We have a time slot booked for Thursday and Friday for the closing. We should hear about the result of the water Wed. or Thurs.

I'll let you know what we find out. Thanks for your support ya'll!

Back
Top Bottom