What is your earliest memory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Silly, Yes I know. But interesting.

I remember being at my great grandparents one Easter and taking a nap when I heard someone talking and I peeked out under my eyelids and there is my momma talking to a big pink Easter bunny through an open window.
All these years later, I always thought that it was my step dad. WRONG, my aunt told me that it was my real daddy and I was 2 years old:ohmy: :huh:
My daddy died when I was 6 from a brain atrophe. He had been in a va hospital for 4 years from it.
the only memory I have of him and he's in a costume and I can't see his face:( :wacko: .

How far back do you have a memory of?

At least you have a memory that showed that your father loved you. Not many men will get dressed up in a bunny suit. I honestly can't remember that far back. Afraid I had one of those fathers that you try and forget and so my memories really don't start until I was about 4. :(

My earliest memory ended up getting me whipped by my grandmother and then my mother. :) My grandmother was babysitting my brother and I and I did something wrong, can't remember what it was but my grandmother was coming after me yelling all the way. I was outside (she lived in a trailer) and when I saw her I started running around the trailer away from her. (We were warned never, ever to leave her yard, so thank goodness I remembered that and stayed in the yard). She started chasing me still yelling and telling me to come to her. Well I thought that I could just keep running around in circles until she tired out. Unfortunately for me, Namaw stopped short and I ran right into her. Boy I couldn't sit for several days after that. :) What a brat I was!!!! But to make matters worse all the while my grandmother was spanking me she was LAUGHING!!!!!

my first one is of going down the stairs carrying a stuffed bird that i had, and my Dad said that i had to turn around and start over on going down the steps because i was putting both feet on the steps before going down to the next one instead of one foot per stair.
i was about two then.

i just thought of another one. i'm not sure if this one came first or not, but i just remember being in my crib at my Grandparent's house and it being dark in my room. i know i had my charlie brown blanket over me. not a significant memory or anything. just something that i remember.

the earliest memory i have... i was about a year and a half old. me, my mom, and my dad went to visit my aunt. i remember my aunt taking a picture of me with my 2 cousins. according to my mother it was right after i got burned on my arm. thankfully i don't remember that.

I remember my first birthday party.

I had gotten a brand new swing set, and all of my older cousins were swinging on it. I was in my high chair being fed my birthday cake. I was mad cause they wouldn't let me swing on my own swing set, but everybody else was! Boy I was ticked off!

Earlier that same day, because mom was busy playing hostess, I slipped away into the living room. I headed towards the "forbidden" table of knick knacks I was eager to play with.

Just as I got within arm reach, my maternal grandma stopped me. I was sooooo mad!

I have so many memories before the age of five.. I can't remember which came first...
My brother dropping a huge rock on my head and mom trying to get the blood out?
Falling alseep on the couch with my little dog Buttons sleeping on my tummy?
Playing with my play dishes. I had 100's of them and would "set" the table in the living room every day.
Watching my grandmother sew.. she was always mending something.
Getting cowboy boots for not scrathing my chickenpox.
Riding the toy horse at the shoe store.

Thanks, I"m smiling now. Memories are good.

I was about 2 or 3. My mom and I were lying on the kitchen floor looking out the front door screen. There was a powerful thunderstorm going on... We would look at each other in awed amazement, cheer, kick our feet and applaud when a close lightening/deafening thunder would rock our house.

I wasn't the least bit afraid. It was the beginning of my love of storms, which continues to this day.

1st memory was of me being held by mom or dad going into the rectory. I remember going down a hallway and seeing this lamp. Everything was dim. Ugly lamp too. :glare:

Wow, I really didn't think I would get this many posts. I thought it was a little silly, but, my memory of the easter bunny is always coming to me and I just smile about it. It was the most wonderous thing that I can remember happening to me and I just wondered if others had similar memories that they think of as often.

and pds, your right, memories are great!!!!
2.gif

My earliest memory is of my mother holding my then-infant sister. She couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 month's old. That was right after we moved to Japan while my father was in the US Navy. I must have been 3. I have a few other memories, all around that time, of the first house we lived at in Nagasaki. Then, we moved to a townhouse in Yokohama. I have many memories of that place, especially waking up at night and the walls were going in different directions, as we were experiencing an earthquake!

The funny thing is, I started school over there. I distinctly remember talking with and to the other kids in my class, half of whom were Japanese. I do NOT remember what language I was speaking. I had to have known some Japanese. When we came back, my little sister spoke fluent Japanese, she understood English, but refused to speak it!

I guess I was around 3 years old at the time..I was running on the clifs above the beach somewhare in the San Diego area. I fell and the dried stalk of a plant of some sort went down my throat (see, even then my mouth was always open LOL) and the fire department was called. I had a very sore throat for a long time.
Dove

I was almost 3 - I remember having my tonsils taken out. I was standing in the crib at the hospital holding my favorite stuffed animal screaming for my mother not to leave - she never even turned around to look at me and tell me she would be back. My Dad had already gone to get the car and pick her up at the front door of the hospital. The dog was a dachshund with a squeaker in its stomach.

GB - :ROFLMAO:

Chocolatechef - I find it amazing that you can remember your first birthday!!!!! WOW

My first memory maybe of a Buick about a 1956 or 57 we had. It had four holes in it on each side in the front fenders as I recall. I was around 2 I guess.
I also remember working 3 shift. Our daughter Anna was sick and had to stay in the hospital for the first 2 weeks. I ran from work to the hospital to get to feed her at 3 to 3:30 in the morning every night, and would rock with her for 2 to 3 hours before I when home. I was lucky they had a rocking chair there. "Tears in my eyes everytime I think of it"
I also remember when she first ran behind my leg when she was afraid, That was when I found out I was Super-Human, There was nothing in the Universe that could have got through me to her.
And I remember the first time I seen My Lovely Barbara, That is when I found out I was "Da Man" ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :huh:

Last edited:
My earliest full memory (before that it is bits and pieces) was when I was 4. I was out in the driveway with my friends. I found a piece of ABC gum (gross, I know!) and chewed it. My mom overheard me saying excitedly to my friends, "Look, I blew a bubble!" She looked out of the door and asked what I had said. I got rid of the gum really quick and started blowing spit bubbles so she wouldn't know I had been chewing the gum. As grossed out as I am about germs now, I can't believe I did that!

:) Barbara

lol, that's a good one, barb. the things kiddos do!:LOL:
i had to stop one little guy i used to babysit from snacking on his scabs!:sick:

Back
Top Bottom