Why do women cry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he asked God. He said, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

" When I made the woman she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

Sarah, thank you! I needed that right now. Savannah just told me that she loves her daddy more than me & she always will. I know she's a daddy's girl & always will be but it still hurts when she says things like this.

That was great, Sarah, thanks!

And crewsk, remember Savannah's only 5 so I'm sure it's a passing comment. There will be days as she gets older that the only person she needs is her mom. Hang in there! {{hug}}

I know PA, & there are days now she only wants me. But as soom as daddy walks in the door I'm invisable, unless she wants something & he has already told her "no". I know she loves me & I cherish every moment she wants me.

Crews, Little girls just love their daddys; and little boys worship their moms; that's just the way it is - for now! If I can remember my child development texts, your daughter is around the age when the 'Oedipus' complex appears; children start recognizing members of the opposite ***, and reacting to them. It's all perfectly normal and natural, and while it may sting a little now, you'll have many years ahead to spend 'girl time' with your daughter - just remember, daddy's not going to be able to teach her how to put make up on, or deal with the 'monthlies', or soothe that first broken heart, or spend hours in the mall clothes shopping! (((Hugs for now, tho)))!

You are exaclty right marmalady! I guess it makes me realize how I treated my own mom when I was younger too. I don't know what I'd do without her now though! Thanks!!

crewsk said:
You are exaclty right marmalady! I guess it makes me realize how I treated my own mom when I was younger too. I don't know what I'd do without her now though! Thanks!!
crewsk! all this talk reminded me how i was in my childhood,i remember very well that i used to be a daddy's girl too,i spent more time with him when he was home than with my mom,and my brother was the other way around,he liked to be with my mom all the time,but all this changed when we grew up a little,i dont think i could survive without my mom now,she is the person i love the most in the whole world...so u need not worry at all,in a few years from now,she'll be telling you again n again how much she loves you...

Back
Top Bottom