Alphabetical Food! - tips/idea/recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skin - of chicken! If I buy chicken thighs, I like to deskin them and render them down, i.e. flatten them into a hot frying pan and let their fat ooze out (to fry onions etc). The added bonus is that you get a lovely crisp piece of skin to eat!

I used to love them sliced, sprinkled with mozzarella and baked in the oven for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Tartare sauce - easy to make your own. Add a combination of finely chopped gherkins, capers and/or olives to mayonnaise.

Walnuts - a great combination is slices of crusty baguette spread with boursin and eaten with ripe pear and walnuts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

X AND Z CAN BE OMITTED - so the last letter is Y....and then the alphabet can start again (if there is sufficient interest to do so).

Zucchini - we cut them into planks, then marinate in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, then grill on both sides. Delicious summer side dish for grilled meats.

C is for Chocolate! A luxurious snack - holding the stalks of fresh cherries and dipping them into melted dark chocolate! :yum:

Walnuts - a great combination is slices of crusty baguette spread with boursin and eaten with ripe pear and walnuts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

X AND Z CAN BE OMITTED - so the last letter is Y....and then the alphabet can start again (if there is sufficient interest to do so).

Yakisoba
fried saimin and chicken.jpg

There ya go ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah...the above post addressed missing out Y (in the last game)! :)

Next letter here is D

We had D (before the above post, referring back to a previous letter)................

Next letter is E

E is for ...

Edamame
Hawaii May 2012 120.jpg
Considered a Superfood
Very nice simply boiled, drained and served warm with loads of Sea Salt
I also found a wonderful frozen bagged veggie at Trader Joe's not so long ago, Soycutash
soycutash.jpg
I saw a blog post somewhere, they used this frozen veg as a salad :yum:

Fried chicken - double batter for extra crunch !! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom