Alphabetical Food! - tips/idea/recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jerusalem Artichokes - more easily peeled after cooking them (in boiling, salted water), i.e. slit lengthwise and then the skin easily comes away.

For those who may not know, this vegetable has a deserved reputation for flatulence....best avoided if having romantic inclinations. ;)

Lasagna pasta, cooked - can be used to make cannelloni. Less sickly, i.e. more substantial ratio of filling to pasta.

Meyer Lemons are just coming into season

My mother adores them and try to make different things for her
using Meyer Lemons

Meyer Lemon Curd 012.JPG

preserved meyer lemons 003.jpg

jam and pie 011.JPG

jam 002.jpg

013.JPG

Oranges - a tip: when finely grating the rind (also applies to lemon rind), get out the remaining bits stuck in the grater with a toothbrush.

Poi
Poi is made of cooked and mashed/pounded Taro Roots,
and no, it does not taste like
library paste, especially if it's a couple of days old
and with a sprinkle of course Sea Salt.
Hawaii May 2012 073.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 066.jpg
(bottom center-Squid Luau and going clock wise, Kalua Pig with Lomi Lomi Salmon and Poi; Opihi or Sea Limpets; LauLau and Kalua Pig with Lomi Lomi Salmon steamed white rice and that purple stuff is Sweet Potato, MMM!)

Many babies who can not tolerate any type of milk,
are given Poi that has been watered down in their bottles.
How do you think we grow `em so big?
Look at some of those Islander football players!

S - Sugar My favorite ingredient. :yum: My mother taught me that you don't need to buy brown sugar, just make it yourself! Molasses and sugar makes brown sugar, just throw them in a blender and mix!

Tomatoes - the small, cherry tomatoes (or small baby plum tomatoes) invariably have a more intense flavour.

I read that it is best to use a serrated knife since using a plain blade dulls the edge. I try to keep to this.

Ugli fruit....the skin is all wrinkly but they taste much better than they look. You can eat them like an orange or add them to a salad.

Vodka - add a cup of it to your favorite pasta sauce and it will give it a delicious and strong flavor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

x and z can be omitted.

Yogurt - can be mixed with mayonnaise to use in coleslaw.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

New alphabet starts!

Next letter is A

Crispy Chicken Skin...specifically, from the thighs. Don't waste it! Place the skins in a dry frying pan (inner side to the pan) on a low heat. Flatten them occasionally with a spatula. Watch them render their fat (that is good to fry onions with) and also crisp up that skin to make a wonderful savoury snack! Mmmmm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom