Golden Chef Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about the first week in November? Gives us a month to cogitate and prepare. And any new recipe ideas will be out in time for U.S. Thanksgiving. Plus time for pumpkins to show up, I did notice that all the winter squash I got was from Mexico. I also have an idea for a decoration with gourds and they haven't shown up, yet.

How about the first week in November? Gives us a month to cogitate and prepare. And any new recipe ideas will be out in time for U.S. Thanksgiving. Plus time for pumpkins to show up, I did notice that all the winter squash I got was from Mexico. I also have an idea for a decoration with gourds and they haven't shown up, yet.
+1 All my winter squash and pumpkins come from my garden--they may not be perfectly shaped, but they sure are good.

Chief...are you going to be doing the themed dinner version (appy, main, dessert, beverage)? Is anyone?

I personally like the challenge of a whole meal and seeing how creative I can get with four "courses" and seeing how others handle it.

Chief...are you going to be doing the themed dinner version (appy, main, dessert, beverage)? Is anyone?

I personally like the challenge of a whole meal and seeing how creative I can get with four "courses" and seeing how others handle it.
Maybe for the ones who choose to do all the courses, there could be an "all around" winner, like we did before.

Dave, I will be doing the whole bit - probably the edible decoration too! Others may do one or two of the dinner components so there will be adequate competition.

My meal is going to be gluten/soy/lactose free.....so DH can be my taster, but also to show that it can be done and still taste "real"! :innocent:

Yup, I'll do the whole meal. It challenges me more to come up with all the parts. I look forward to seeing what everyone makes. This is such a creative bunch.

1rst week in November is good.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm in, but I don't know if I'm going all in and I'll be using winter squash...can't stand pumpkin--but maybe y'all will change my mind. I just don't like the texture--too stringy--(in my mind, it is dog food). I like pepitos.

I have a can of pumpkin--left over from when a friend moved--I don't plan on using it. I probably should either feed it to the chickens or donate it to the food bank if the "best by date" is still good...note to self--go through those canned goods from said friend and get rid of those that are outdated.

I do believe I am in! I'm going to give it some thought and I might be "all in"! I hope we get several folks interested. I have missed the GCC! Thanks chief for reviving it and thanks LP for revamping it! ;)

While lying in bed, unable to sleep, I came up with my entree, and I had a few ideas for other courses as well. This is going to be fun! :chef:

Okay, we have a little over a week. I just made my last purchases today. Time to get serious about this challenge.

I think I may have to sit this one out, folks. Health and other responsibilities seem to keep me from coming up with ideas. But I can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom