ONE Word: Cooking is__________.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I first thought of starting this as a thread elsewhere. Then I realized that no matter what the title of the thread, most of us would not be able to limit ourselves to ONE word. :LOL: Chatty, we are. Anyway, I figured this might work in the Games sub-forum.

Fill in the blank with one word. It can be hyphenated, or a compound phrase, but that is all. You can return to post a different "one word", but don't make ten one-word posts in a row. :ROFLMAO: I'll start:

Fulfilling.

.....home. :)

I may think of more, but that was the first word that came to mind. Fun idea for a thread, CG!

Last edited:
my-hobby-in-life.

Growing up, I can remember wanting to cook from a very young age and my mother wouldn't let me... "Once you're tall enough to reach the stove without a chair, then you can cook."

I'm vertically challenged (5 foot 2 eyes of blue ....) :LOL:

I even wanted to go to culinary school after I graduated from high school...
Mom: Absolutely NOT! Girls don't do that!!!
Me: But Mom I really enjoy cooking and I think I could make a career out of it.
MOM: NO! You're staying right here!
Me: Sigh, okay.

So now that I'm retired and have the time, I have spent the past , wow, 10 years, continuing to teach myself (my Mother CAN NOT cook for beans!) different techniques, styles, cuisines, and creating my own dishes to please myself and my husband.

my-hobby-in-life.

Growing up, I can remember wanting to cook from a very young age and my mother wouldn't let me... "Once you're tall enough to reach the stove without a chair, then you can cook."

I'm vertically challenged (5 foot 2 eyes of blue ....) [emoji38]

I even wanted to go to culinary school after I graduated from high school...
Mom: Absolutely NOT! Girls don't do that!!!
Me: But Mom I really enjoy cooking and I think I could make a career out of it.
MOM: NO! You're staying right here!
Me: Sigh, okay.

So now that I'm retired and have the time, I have spent the past , wow, 10 years, continuing to teach myself (my Mother CAN NOT cook for beans!) different techniques, styles, cuisines, and creating my own dishes to please myself and my husband.
Always the rule-breaker, K'girl. Lovely essay ;) [emoji38] :ROFLMAO:

Cooking is passion

I first thought of starting this as a thread elsewhere. Then I realized that no matter what the title of the thread, most of us would not be able to limit ourselves to ONE word. :LOL: Chatty, we are. Anyway, I figured this might work in the Games sub-forum.

Fill in the blank with one word. It can be hyphenated, or a compound phrase, but that is all. You can return to post a different "one word", but don't make ten one-word posts in a row. :ROFLMAO: I'll start:

Fulfilling.

Passion ..

Have a lovely weekend.

Back
Top Bottom