The Funny "Sayings" Of Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember a friend of DA was from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and she described it this way:

"It isn't Deliverance, but you can see it from there."

Your friend,
~Cat

Some/most of the "sayings" I have heard over the years would not be appreciated on this forum.
That I can promise you.

I learned this expression last week, "Yak shaving".

It's when you have to do some trivial tasks before you can accomplish the real task. Here's a good example,

"I want to wax the car today."

"Oops, the hose is still broken from the winter. I'll need to buy a new one at Home Depot."

"But Home Depot is on the other side of the Tappan Zee bridge and getting there without my EZPass is miserable because of the tolls."

"But, wait! I could borrow my neighbor's EZPass..."

"Bob won't lend me his EZPass until I return the mooshi pillow my son borrowed, though."

"And we haven't returned it because some of the stuffing fell out and we need to get some yak hair to restuff it."

And the next thing you know, you're at the zoo, shaving a yak, all so you can wax your car.

from Seth's Blog: Don't Shave That Yak!

:LOL: Taxy!

I always got a chuckle out of, "You can't polish a t*rd.". When I did a lot of work with teens who made very questionable decisions, I was often told I was t*rd-polishing.

HA!!

In Romania there is a saying for those who wear too much make-up: Please don't smile. I'd hate to see your face break.

With love,
~Cat

HA!!

In Romania there is a saying for those who wear too much make-up: Please don't smile. I'd hate to see your face break.

With love,
~Cat
I have heard, "If she smiles, her face will crack." But, that is also used for people who always seem to wear frown.

Back
Top Bottom