"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #3281
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Tee hee...
I want a Cute Owl....
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #3282
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I cringe when I see a parent fighting with their child to eat something the child doesn't like. I want to ask the parent if they would eat liver if they didn't like it. I use liver because it is a food that most folks just don't like.
I found it funny considering the discussion on another thread, that this should show up today...this could be me when I was little.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #3283
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

I found it funny considering the discussion on another thread, that this should show up today...this could be me when I was little.
I can relate.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #3284
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Great idea! I always made sure I had a paper napkin at the table, where the icky food would be deposited, then thrown in the garbage when nobody was looking....
So...I guess you didn't have a beagle back then. Funny thing is, I did have a beagle back then (her name was Tippy), and she liked the food I didn't. It worked out very well for both of us.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #3285
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post

So...I guess you didn't have a beagle back then. Funny thing is, I did have a beagle back then (her name was Tippy), and she liked the food I didn't. It worked out very well for both of us.
No beagle, but we did have the nastiest cocker spaniel who only liked my mom and would literally bite the hand that fed him! He was of no help whatsoever.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #3286
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I cringe when I see a parent fighting with their child to eat something the child doesn't like. I want to ask the parent if they would eat liver if they didn't like it. I use liver because it is a food that most folks just don't like.
I really liked deer liver as a child, and I was one of the most picky children around! As an adult it is one of those smells and tastes that makes my stomach churn, any liver. I was a weird child, maybe I'm becoming more normal as an adult?
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

https://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #3287
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I really liked deer liver as a child, and I was one of the most picky children around! As an adult it is one of those smells and tastes that makes my stomach churn, any liver. I was a weird child, maybe I'm becoming more normal as an adult?
Personally, I find that odd... Shrek has recently lost his taste for Brussels Sprouts, that was a nice change for me.

I was ravenous for liver and spinach as a child...still the same.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #3288
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Personally, I find that odd... Shrek has recently lost his taste for Brussels Sprouts, that was a nice change for me.

I was ravenous for liver and spinach as a child...still the same.
Both my children love liver and onion and so do I We all love spinach too!
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #3289
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 24,963
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
For all the Scandihoovians at DC:

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #3290
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
A man is rushing to a hospital from a business trip because his wife has just gone into labor with twins, and there is a family tradition that the first family member to arrive gets to name the children. The man is afraid his idiot brother will show up first and give his kids horrible names. When he finally arrives at the hospital in a cold sweat he sees his brother sitting in the waiting room, waiving, with a big dumb grin on his face. He walks unhappily in to see his wife who is scowling and holding two little babies, a boy and a girl. Almost afraid to hear it, the man asks, "What did he name the girl?" "Denise" says the wife. "Hey that's not too bad! What did he name the boy?" "De-nephew."
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #3291
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
All the passengers are seated on a plane out on the tarmac and the stewardess announces “we’re just waiting for the pilots.”. The passengers look out the window and see two men, dressed as pilots walking towards the plane. Both men are using guide dogs and appear to be blind. There are murmurs among the passengers, and some believe it is a joke. The men board the plane and go into the cockpit. More concerned murmurs and uneasy chuckles from the passengers. The plane taxis normally to the runway and begins it’s takeoff. As passengers look out the window they realize they are nearing the end of the runway. The entire passenger cabin begins screaming but the plane lifts off just before the end of the runway. The passengers calm down and chuckle to themselves. In the cockpit, the pilot turns to his copilot and says “you know, one day those people are gonna scream too late and we’re all gonna die!”
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #3292
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
I saw a fat person wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said 'Thyroid problem?'
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.
I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming.
I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston Bypass. Motorists are asked to be on the lookout for 16 hardened criminals.
Well I was bullied at school, called all kinds of different names.But one day I turned to my bullies and said 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me', and it worked! From there on it was sticks and stones all the way.
My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.
S*x is like playing bridge: If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand.
I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, six should be enough.'
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before..
PETER KAY'S UNIVERSAL TRUTHS
Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones.
At the end of every party there is always a girl crying.
Nobody ever dares make cup-a-soup in a bowl.
You never know where to look when eating a banana.
You always feel a bit scared when stroking horses.
Its impossible to look cool whilst picking up a Frisbee.
Driving through a tunnel makes you feel excited.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #3293
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
Why does your gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed?
Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say, 'My name is Peter and I am an alcoholic'?
Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries have a 'use by' date?
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp no one would eat?
Is French kissing in France just called kissing?
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, 'I think I'llsqueeze these dangly things here and drink whatever comes out'?
What do people in China call their good quality plates?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?
What do you call male ballerinas?
Why is a person that handles your money called a 'Broker'?
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
Why is it that when someone tells you that there are over a billion stars in the universe, you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure.
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #3294
Head Chef
 
Skittle68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I cringe when I see a parent fighting with their child to eat something the child doesn't like. I want to ask the parent if they would eat liver if they didn't like it. I use liver because it is a food that most folks just don't like.
I mostly agree with you, but the parents are just trying to get some good nutrition in the kids. Plus, some things you just need to try a few times to learn to like them. My aunt would always have my cousin take one bite of everything, and if he didn't like it, no problem, he could eat whatever he did like. I liked that policy :) no reason he couldn't take one bite, right?
Skittle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #3295
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I mostly agree with you, but the parents are just trying to get some good nutrition in the kids. Plus, some things you just need to try a few times to learn to like them. My aunt would always have my cousin take one bite of everything, and if he didn't like it, no problem, he could eat whatever he did like. I liked that policy :) no reason he couldn't take one bite, right?
That's what I do, my kids must taste something before deciding they don't like it.
I try every food 10 times, most of the time they like it before they get to 10 tries.
I also offer more than one veg with each meal. They must pick at least one and eat that.
So far so good, they like almost everything.
I'm lucky, my kids are like vacuum cleaners
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #3296
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 24,963
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
My mum said that one should never try to force a child to eat, because it will just teach the child that they have a weapon to use against the parent.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #3297
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
A man is rushing to a hospital from a business trip because his wife has just gone into labor with twins, and there is a family tradition that the first family member to arrive gets to name the children. The man is afraid his idiot brother will show up first and give his kids horrible names. When he finally arrives at the hospital in a cold sweat he sees his brother sitting in the waiting room, waiving, with a big dumb grin on his face. He walks unhappily in to see his wife who is scowling and holding two little babies, a boy and a girl. Almost afraid to hear it, the man asks, "What did he name the girl?" "Denise" says the wife. "Hey that's not too bad! What did he name the boy?" "De-nephew."
Reminds me of the woman who couldn't choose between Polly and Esther so she named the baby Dacron...
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #3298
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,114
Love them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I saw a fat person wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said 'Thyroid problem?'
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.
I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming.
I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston Bypass. Motorists are asked to be on the lookout for 16 hardened criminals.
Well I was bullied at school, called all kinds of different names.But one day I turned to my bullies and said 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me', and it worked! From there on it was sticks and stones all the way.
My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.
S*x is like playing bridge: If you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand.
I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, six should be enough.'
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before..
PETER KAY'S UNIVERSAL TRUTHS
Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones.
At the end of every party there is always a girl crying.
Nobody ever dares make cup-a-soup in a bowl.
You never know where to look when eating a banana.
You always feel a bit scared when stroking horses.
Its impossible to look cool whilst picking up a Frisbee.
Driving through a tunnel makes you feel excited.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #3299
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #3300
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,639
I'm sorry, I would not be able to say "Bad Dog" without laughing.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.