"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #5341
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #5342
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 25,129
, MrsLMB!
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #5343
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
For Cat!

Natural Born Citizen!

In a high school civics class, they were discussing the qualifications for becoming President of the United States. The requirements are pretty simple. The candidate must be a natural born citizen and at least 35 years old.

A blonde girl in the class piped up and began complaining about how unfair it was to require the candidate to be a natural born citizen. In her opinion, that made it impossible for many qualified people to run for the office.

She went on and on, wrapping up her argument with, “What makes a natural born citizen more qualified to be President than one born by C-Section?”

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #5344
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,702
The Front Fell Off

I don't know if everyone will find this as hilarious as I did, but hope so. The first link is to the video. I had a bit of trouble with the delightful British accent---- so found a transcript for it (in the second link).



The front fell off - Xr's blog
cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #5345
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
The Front Fell Off

I don't know if everyone will find this as hilarious as I did, but hope so. The first link is to the video. I had a bit of trouble with the delightful British accent---- so found a transcript for it (in the second link).



The front fell off - Xr's blog
That was hilarious! I understood them perfectly, I must be watching a a lot of Australian and British TV!
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #5346
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
That was hilarious! I understood them perfectly, I must be watching a a lot of Australian and British TV!
I understood perfectly. The front fell off because it wasn't made of paper. I need a vacation after that one. A vacation in Australia. I won't be traveling by oil tanker though.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #5347
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
One morning a blonde calls her friend and says, “Please come over and help me. I have this killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can`t figure out how to start it.”

Her friend asks, “What is it a puzzle of?”

The blonde says, “From the picture on the box, it's a tiger.”

The friend figures he's pretty good at puzzles, so he heads over to her place. She let him in and shows him to the table where she has the puzzle spread all over the table. He studies the pieces for a minute, then studies the box.

He then turns to her and says, “First, no matter what I do, I'm not going to be able to show you how to assemble these to look like the picture of that tiger.”

“Second, Id advise you to have a cup of coffee and put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box!
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #5348
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #5349
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #5350
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
As to the gift wrap roll: Yup. And it's also a Dur-Dur. You put it to your mouth and through it loudly say, "Dur-dur.". To any dog, cat, or person who might appreciate it.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #5351
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yup. And it's also a Dur-Dur. You put it to your mouth and through it loudly say, "Dur-dur.". To any dog, cat, or person who might appreciate it.


We had a Dobie that would absolutely go bonkers when he saw an empty tube---- I would do an imitation of the race track starting trumpet through it and he could barely contain himself.
cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #5352
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post


We had a Dobie that would absolutely go bonkers when he saw an empty tube---- I would do an imitation of the race track starting trumpet through it and he could barely contain himself.
When we lived on the Oregon coast my DH was doing the "dur dur" into a tube and he got a reply .... from the elk outside!

After that all tubes were his and he would torment those elk with his tube calls LOL
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #5353
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #5354
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,096
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #5355
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

When we lived on the Oregon coast my DH was doing the "dur dur" into a tube and he got a reply .... from the elk outside!

After that all tubes were his and he would torment those elk with his tube calls LOL
Cave and MrsLMB, DH and Beagle do not appreciate the Dur-Dur. Nor have any of my previous dogs, come to think of it.... Don't quite understand it.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #5356
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
As to the gift wrap roll: Yup. And it's also a Dur-Dur. You put it to your mouth and through it loudly say, "Dur-dur.". To any dog, cat, or person who might appreciate it.
You do that too??? LOL!
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #5357
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

You do that too??? LOL!
You do that too??? It's an underrated musical instrument! An icon!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #5358
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Cave and MrsLMB, DH and Beagle do not appreciate the Dur-Dur. Nor have any of my previous dogs, come to think of it.... Don't quite understand it.
Neither do the cats...
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #5359
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
You do that too??? It's an underrated musical instrument! An icon!
I love doing that. I make that farting noise of my mouth and Misty hisses at me.

Azia barks, and Kali just looks at me as if to say, "Are you nuts?"



With love,
~Cat
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #5360
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

I love doing that. I make that farting noise of my mouth and Misty hisses at me.

Azia barks, and Kali just looks at me as if to say, "Are you nuts?"



With love,
~Cat
Well, Cat, you need a Dur-Dur! DA could benefit as well!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.