Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yum::yum::yum:

nPVTLsS.jpg

The whole thing is the daVinci Robot. It has 5 arms and the doctor controls it from a console across the room.
Sorry, PF, technically, the whole thing is the da Vinci(R) Surgical System. Although sometimes referred to as a robot, it is 100% under the control of the surgeon. It is not programmable nor is it able to be controlled via a computer or other device, hence, it is not a robot (sorry, the technical writer/editor in me could not resist). And the manufacturer calls it a surgical system.

Sorry, PF, technically, the whole thing is the da Vinci(R) Surgical System. Although sometimes referred to as a robot, it is 100% under the control of the surgeon. It is not programmable nor is it able to be controlled via a computer or other device, hence, it is not a robot (sorry, the technical writer/editor in me could not resist). And the manufacturer calls it a surgical system.

Now, I know all of that, I also know the technical terms for the "arms" are "waldoes". But the romantic in me calls it a robot...being a lifelong Science-Fiction freak, I can't help it.

Now, I know all of that, I also know the technical terms for the "arms" are "waldoes". But the romantic in me calls it a robot...being a lifelong Science-Fiction freak, I can't help it.
Looking at the pic, ummm...I question your sense of romance. To me, that looks like s/thing out of a nightmare involving a visit to the gynecologist...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom