Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like a clothesline pulley.....but it can't be that simple. So perhaps the postman pins the mail to it, so you can reel it in, when the the snow makes the sidewalk impassable????

It looks like a clothesline pulley.....but it can't be that simple. So perhaps the postman pins the mail to it, so you can reel it in, when the the snow makes the sidewalk impassable????

Exactly. We have them on almost every house in this town. My daughter has a great one. She lives on the second floor and her clothesline is hooked up to the utility pole which is quite a distance away. She can hang three or four large queen size sheets all at the same time full out. You don't use your dryer here in the summer. Not is you are lucky enough to have a line. When I lived in Everett, I had two and they were hooked up to the house across from me. I shared them with the neighbor who also lived on the second floor. :angel:

Addie, I nearly typed that folks in Boston might recognize it. ;)

:angel:

When they built the project housing after the war, they even put them there. I love the smell of my sheets after I bring them in from the line. I used to hang them out in the winter also. When I brought them in, sometimes they were frozen solid. :angel:

Jumpin' Jesus, you got it on the first guess.

Quick story. When my sister's oldest daughter was about three, they were in Woolworth's looking at Christmas stuff. An ad for the Baby Jesus had been showing for weeks on TV. When my sister came across it, she mention, that here was that ad for Jesus. Her daughter burst out loud enough for everyone to hear, "Mommy hold me up so I can see Jumping Jesus! :angel:

img_1356160_0_032c128fa148c55c841af6979329b5e8.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-ssXJtzFOjA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom