Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, gg. i always strap down takeout food on the passenger's seat since it's usually in liquid tight containers. but a pot of sauce that just has a lid goes on the floor wrapped in towels.

cars should have a turn and slip indicator like in a plane. that sauce is gonna stay level until you go around a turn. if you turn quickly enough, it's gonna ride up the side of the pot.

the back seat of my truck has a nice stain from sausages and meatballs that i brought in to work a few years ago. one quick turn and it was all over. :sleep:

gg, I could have used your DH's skills when I took a crock pot full of ham and bean soup to a choir soup supper. In a hurry, I set the entire assembly (inner crock, outer heating shell, lid) into a shallow box on the floor that was more like a lid to a box. One quick stop for something running across the road and :ohmy: About 1 1/2 cups from the 3 quarts were still in the pot. The rest had ended up on the van floor. Lesson learned - brought bread the next time! :LOL:

Yep us too, baked beans and an iguana (big one) that ran across the road in front of us - all over the back, sigh.

One time I took a crock pot of stew to work for a contest. I put it in a stock pot with at least twice the capacity of the stew and took the crock pot empty. A co-worker brought hers in the crock pot and ended up with a mess, but mine arrived safely. I didn't win, though :(

After a few incidents like these, I got a CP that came with a thick rubber band that loops around the handles to keep the lid on tight, as well as a zipper plastic case. Then my SIL put the case too close to a light fixture and burned a big hole in it.

Yup, I have one too...a bit younger, but I still have to keep an eye on him.

Last edited:
Is this the "pick on your spouse" thread? Cuz Himself was good today. Even returned his own bottles and cans from pop (some call it soda, but to me that's the flavorless stuff you add to your Bourbon to make a Bourbon Presbyterian, or to mix with simple syrup for a mint julep) to get out deposit money back. So I got nuthin'. That could change. ~~~ After all, tomorrow is another day.

Back
Top Bottom