"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #641
The Dude Abides
 
TATTRAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bermuda Native in D.C./NoVA
Posts: 5,448
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
They found my picture...
LOL, I love these!

__________________
flickr

@JONOBRANDS
TATTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #642
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,652
I have hundreds of them...
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #643
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
At one time I had three cats and a Siberian husky. One of the cats was born fat and really stupid. His name was Dumbshit. He used to get in the big bag of dog food and eat. Never caught him doing it, but I found the cat hair.
Lmao Taxlady! What a name! My cat whom we sadly just lost was named Bozo Kitty by DH 22 years ago. I had to start calling her BK, because I couldn't face telling the Vet her real name. :)
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #644
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
Every Friday my kids brought home their Weekly Reader. On the back was always a couple of jokes. The following was one of them The most inane, stupid joke. It sent me and my sister into gales of laughter. For years anyone mention the word 'cow' and it would start all over again. It just struck us as hilarious. It goes like this:

First friend: Look at that bunch of cows.

Second friend: Nooo. A herd of cows.

First friend: Of course I have heard of cows.

Second friend: Noooo. A cow herd.

First friend: What do I care what a cow heard. I have no secrets from a cow.

Has anyone been talking to the cows lately?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #645
Certified/Certifiable
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 10,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Every Friday my kids brought home their Weekly Reader. On the back was always a couple of jokes. The following was one of them The most inane, stupid joke. It sent me and my sister into gales of laughter. For years anyone mention the word 'cow' and it would start all over again. It just struck us as hilarious. It goes like this:

First friend: Look at that bunch of cows.

Second friend: Nooo. A herd of cows.

First friend: Of course I have heard of cows.

Second friend: Noooo. A cow herd.

First friend: What do I care what a cow heard. I have no secrets from a cow.

Has anyone been talking to the cows lately?
Who's on second?

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #646
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,325
Attachment 14021
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #647
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
That is a good one!!!
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #648
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #649
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,652
.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #650
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
Chocolate! (Sorry for fuzzy quality on the one picture).
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #651
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,652
Oh so true! LOL!!! Leftover chocolate!!!
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #652
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
.
Yes indeed...
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #653
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Chocolate! (Sorry for fuzzy quality on the one picture).
Leftover chocolate? Never heard of it.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #654
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 24,997
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
From Joy of Cooking, "CHAMPAGNE SAUCE

"Not every householder has to worry about what to do with leftover champagne, but should this appalling dilemma be yours, there is no better way than this to solve it and make a light but rich sauce for fish or chicken."
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #655
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
From Joy of Cooking, "CHAMPAGNE SAUCE

"Not every householder has to worry about what to do with leftover champagne, but should this appalling dilemma be yours, there is no better way than this to solve it and make a light but rich sauce for fish or chicken."
Something else I can't imagine, leftover champagne!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #656
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 24,997
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Something else I can't imagine, leftover champagne!
I don't think the authors of Joy of Cooking could imagine it either.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #657
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 24,997
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Lmao Taxlady! What a name! My cat whom we sadly just lost was named Bozo Kitty by DH 22 years ago. I had to start calling her BK, because I couldn't face telling the Vet her real name. :)


Dumbshit was born into a very stupid family. His mum was stupid; his dad was stupid; and all but one of his siblings were stupid.

His mother's name was Elizabeth (nickname: Lizzy Biz). So, my friend gave all the kittens names from the English royal family. Dumbshit was born with rolls of fat, so he was called Henry. We had a friend named Henry. We thought it would be really insulting for the cat to have the same name, so we changed it. He was the dumbest of the litter. I also got his sister, the runt of the litter. So, she didn't get a royal family name. She was so tiny she was named, "Musaraigne", French for shrew. It got changed to Musmus. She got all the brains that all the other members of that family didn't have. She got to about 5 lbs as an adult and was the most adorable shenanicat.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #658
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Leftover chocolate? Never heard of it.
Me either
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #659
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady


Dumbshit was born into a very stupid family. His mum was stupid; his dad was stupid; and all but one of his siblings were stupid.

His mother's name was Elizabeth (nickname: Lizzy Biz). So, my friend gave all the kittens names from the English royal family. Dumbshit was born with rolls of fat, so he was called Henry. We had a friend named Henry. We thought it would be really insulting for the cat to have the same name, so we changed it. He was the dumbest of the litter. I also got his sister, the runt of the litter. So, she didn't get a royal family name. She was so tiny she was named, "Musaraigne", French for shrew. It got changed to Musmus. She got all the brains that all the other members of that family didn't have. She got to about 5 lbs as an adult and was the most adorable shenanicat.
ROFL! Aww. Poor little DS. What was his name on his medical records?
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #660
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
A few more I just found:
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Song Title Game | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.