Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10704029_861904360488679_7220313810675752175_n.jpg

I have thought about this but wonder what you do with it when reaching the supermarket. Do you carry it around with you with the shopping trolley or what?

There is usually a hook on the front side of it to hang onto your shopping cart. Then when you get to the checkout, you put a paper bag into cart and as they get checked by the checkout girl, you can put your groceries in the bag. It is a handy thing to have. Some use it here in the building I live in to bring their laundry downstairs to the laundry room. Well worth the money for those who walk to or around their grocery store. :angel:

There is usually a hook on the front side of it to hang onto your shopping cart. Then when you get to the checkout, you put a paper bag into cart and as they get checked by the checkout girl, you can put your groceries in the bag. It is a handy thing to have. Some use it here in the building I live in to bring their laundry downstairs to the laundry room. Well worth the money for those who walk to or around their grocery store. :angel:
Ah...well, I am in UK..that paper bag method by the checkout girl doesn't happen here. However, I guess the hook idea could work; I usually place my shopping bag on this (that has stuff from other shops). Haven't noticed anyone using this for their own shopping cart though which is why I asked.

Ah...well, I am in UK..that paper bag method by the checkout girl doesn't happen here. However, I guess the hook idea could work; I usually place my shopping bag on this (that has stuff from other shops). Haven't noticed anyone using this for their own shopping cart though which is why I asked.

If I have bags from other shops, I put them in the child's seat. And then I would hang the little cart on the front of the shopping cart. It is really a handy cart to have around. You would be surprised how many things you would use for. The one I had came with a think liner and a cover that zipped close to protect your groceries from the rain. Then I made the mistake of loaning it out to a relative. Goodbye Cart! She overloaded it and broke the two sets of wheels on it. :angel:

I call that a "granny wagon". I have used them for decades. I often ask a cashier if she or he minds if I leave it at the cash while I shop.

I call that a "granny wagon". I have used them for decades. I often ask a cashier if she or he minds if I leave it at the cash while I shop.
Yes I have contemplated doing this (I have one of these but never used it) but would come unstuck (not know what to do) if they said no. Wouldn't just chance it and leave it around somewhere in case it got stolen.

Yes I have contemplated doing this (I have one of these but never used it) but would come unstuck (not know what to do) if they said no. Wouldn't just chance it and leave it around somewhere in case it got stolen.
Do it on a day when you don't mind just leaving if they say no. ;)

Do it on a day when you don't mind just leaving if they say no. ;)

And try to shop on a day when there aren't many people in the store shopping. For me, I go shopping at 7 a.m. The store has just opened, parents are getting their kids to school and don't show up until after 9 a.m. The only folks in the store are me and my son, and the employees. :angel:

I have thought about this but wonder what you do with it when reaching the supermarket. Do you carry it around with you with the shopping trolley or what?

Some of them have a hook that hangs the folded cart The handle goes between the basket and the push handle of the grocery cart.

Make sure the description says that it has this hook. Many don't have it as I found to my annoyance when I got my last one. I was able to figure a do around by removing the handle and turning the cart upside down and letting the wheels hold it to the grocery cart.

If you drive, you can keep it in the trunk of your car. You use the store cart to move the bags to your car, then when you get home, you load up your cart for transport to your kitchen.

I also found it's easier to pull the cart using just the back wheels. Pushing takes lots more energy.

Last edited:
Living in the section of Boston that I do, a lot of folks skip buying one of those "granny carts". They just steal one of the stores big ones and wheel the groceries home in it. Yup, they go right past and out of the parking lot and head home. Then they store it in the back yard. If you report a stolen one, you can collect a $25 reward. We have two of those carts here in this building. One is from Target and the other from Walgreen's. We use them to bring our bundles up to our apartment. You would think HUD would have bought one for the building. Instead we have to rely on stolen property. :angel:

Then again, there's this:

Folding Shopping Cart, Black - Walmart.com

Now I roll my groceries home. Much easier on my old achy body.
I still have my Mom's very old (vintage 1950s) cart. She always called it her "Polish Cadillac". :LOL: I remember when we got to the register she made sure we put the heavy things up first so that they would be put on the bottom. Produce always was the last to be rung up. To this day, even though I have the reusable bags, use the grocery cart to get them to my car trunk, and then drive them home to the garage, I still unload my shopping cart heavy items first, produce last when I get to the check-out. Old habits die hard.

I unload the same way at checkout. Bread, chips and produce last so no crushed bread or bruised produce.

images

I always make sure I buy something I can just heat up. I'm beat by the time I'm done shopping, and the fridge is packed full of things that need prep work done just to make room in the fridge to maneuver!

Back
Top Bottom