Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
think Betty White jumping up and down screeching

Didn't know whether to post this in 'Petty Vents' or here... guess this one won, even if only "head shaking, oh geez"

This evening, (early evening, sun still bright on the horizon) I'm reading various posts on DC, my back to the windows, when my dog goes nuts, howling and barking. Well, I recognize that sound in that there is definitely something out there and the direction is ... the goose pen.

First day of letting them out, being able to finally get their door open and ... so a fox turns up... nice bright red fox, very pretty... the bloody little killer! Those are MY geese!

I go charging out the front door, screaming like the fish monger's wife who has just caught him with the barmaid!
I don't go off the front porch because I have little tiny house type shoes on and my driveway is 10" deep in mud with the thaw... but I stand there screeching and jumping up and down like a banshee. The fox takes off like lightening, down the goose paddock, thru the wire fence, over the stone fence and into the thicket.

Upon my return to the den, look out the window... AWKK!!! there he is just laying out on the stone fence!! So this time I say, "Fine, you little sucker..." and I let the dog out the door.

Now normally I would not let her out. I don't think she would have a chance with a coyote/wolf/raccoon etc. but a fox usually runs. So although dog Maya is very fast, still think a fox could/would dodge her. Which it did.. :LOL: and so it did the trick... just sort of hope the fox doesn't go to the neighbour's free range chickens! :angel:

thanks taxy... not that anyone can see my front stoop, too far from the road... but the way I was screeching... I'm surprised a couple of neighbours didn't hear me! LOL

All's well that ends well. The fox gets to live another day, my shoes and socks survive, I got a chuckle out of it (in retrospect, I mean - think Betty White with an extra 20 lbs!), my dog got some exercise and last but not least... hopefully some will get at least a little chuckle here,

When my younger niece and her Taiwan-born husband were living in FL they would go to a local all you can eat sushi place that had really good food. After a number of visits, the restaurant refused to seat them. I think they had a photo of her hubby at the register with a note to chase them away because every time they went there he did serious damage to the buffet!

My daughter gave her dad a ketchup filled vanilla muffin with chocolate frosting and dad got her back with a pepper filled oreo.

:LOL: Loved your story, dragn! Glad all the critters, and you, are all right though.

-----------------

I just texted my daughter and told her I took a pregnancy test, and it came back positive. :shock: She had totally forgotten it's April Fools Day. :mrgreen:

I don't usually prank but I couldn't resist this time. ;)

Bwahahaha! Bad Cheryl!

One of my girlfriends posted that she broke her leg falling down the stairs, along with a picture of (we thought) her leg in a cast. Much sympathy ensued.

Total hoax! I told her, "No soup for you!"

Last edited:
I haven't pranked anyone, yet. Karma got me this morning. I had been thinking about calling the Nurse coming on at 5 AM at 2AM and asking her if she was coming to work, "You are 15 minutes late." I didn't, but then she DID sleep in and was 45 minutes late for work.:ohmy:

No tooth paste oreo for our daughter, her tummy doesnt like a lot of tooth paste ( yeah she tried to eat it once), but the pepper oreo was great and she didnt get sad but instead went to dad with words you fooled me, old man.

And she got a proper oreo

Bwahahaha! Bad Cheryl!

One of my girlfriends posted that she broke her leg falling down the stairs, along with a picture of (we thought) her leg in a cast. Much sympathy ensued.

Total hoax! I told her, "No soup for you!"

I'm not going to believe anything she tells me today. :ermm::LOL:

I would have been tempted to make a small pot of soup for the friend anyway and hot sauce the heck out of it. :LOL: Not really, but it would be fun to think about. haha

When my younger niece and her Taiwan-born husband were living in FL they would go to a local all you can eat sushi place that had really good food. After a number of visits, the restaurant refused to seat them. I think they had a photo of her hubby at the register with a note to chase them away because every time they went there he did serious damage to the buffet!
That reminds me of a friend of mine and his mother. One of the local bars started $1 taco Tuesday. It went over real well for them until Jed and Jolene found out about it. They don't drink much but they can eat. They went 2 or 3 times then the bar quit taco Tuesday.

img_1506232_0_8cf8eefd80370db0e0c4f014e89d8d19.jpg

Do you know how long I stared at that dog before I got it? ARGHHHH! :rolleyes:

He obviously had a good stylist and baker! Beagle would not have put up with the bread. It would have been long gone before I could get a pic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom