Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

It was the two T's in LETT that gave it away.;) And I love the cattails/corndog schtick. And did you know that the cattail has something edible on it in every season. It used to be a staple in Native American diets in the Great Lakes area. I don't think my ancestors ate them with mustard though. :LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Indeed. Native Americans made flour out of cattails. I don't think they used mustard either, though they probably could have. It grows here. We will have to suggest it for next time.

I have to stop looking at the Tom condiment list. I keep cracking up. I am easily amused.

Last edited:
It was the two T's in LETT that gave it away.;) And I love the cattails/corndog schtick. And did you know that the cattail has something edible on it in every season. It used to be a staple in Native American diets in the Great Lakes area. I don't think my ancestors ate them with mustard though. :LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Isn't it tuberous parts of the roots that are edible on the "wild corn dogs"?

While we lived in Mahtomedi, before it became a sub of Twin Cities, Mom took us looking for the cat tail heads as they were just developing. We had to build our own fire and boil them in a can and eat them with butter. She claimed they were tastier than the ones in southern Ontario. Not quite as good as the ones in northern Ontario though. :LOL:

Don't remember what they tasted like, but also don't remember taking any home to have later. :( :LOL:

My SO is the poster child for losing things. I can't begin to tell you all the things she has lost from diamond earrings to her wallet to her glasses and phone and so much more. It seems I spend half my time helping her find stuff she's misplaced. I could tell you stories. . .
That describes DH to a T... :ROFLMAO:

That describes DH to a T... :ROFLMAO:

The funniest part of this is she always guesses wrong where she left stuff. If she can't find her glasses, she's convinced she left them at the supermarket. They are almost never at the supermarket.

She was in the habit of removing jewelry and placing it in a facial tissue and leaving it on a counter or the bathroom sink then coming back later and tossing that tissue in the trash. She did that with diamond studs ( before my time) and a diamond and tanzanite necklace.

When we were in Aruba one year, I asked a jeweler to sell me some of those little silk purses they put your purchase in. He gave me a dozen! I handed them out to our friends and had them randomly hand her one and tell her to use it instead of tissues. The grand finale was when we were at a restaurant and the waitress came over with a covered platter as a "special presentation" for her. It was the final silk purse. She hasn't used a tissue since then to wrap jewelry!

K-Girl, that is so me! So far, though, I can keep track of my keys and (most of) my mind.

My SO is the poster child for losing things....I could tell you stories. . .
Just so long as she never loses you she'll be alright. ;) Then again, after your jewelers pouch story I wouldn't blame her. :whistling:

I keep coming back to this again and again. Still don't get it. What am I missing?

OK. You go to a local sandwich shop, and ask for mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion on your sandwich. They don't write out the whole words, just abbreviate them. The onion must be picked by Tom.

Now I'm cracking up again...

Last edited:
OK. You go to a local sandwich shop, and ask for mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion on your sandwich. They don't write out the whole words, just abbreviate them. The onion must be picked by Tom.

Now I'm cracking up again...

MUSTard, LETTuce, TOMato, PICKles,ONION.

Hopefully Tom picks good onions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom