Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't road food an excuse to eat things you normally wouldn't? I hope it is. Otherwise we're in trouble for the TJ'S coconut cashews and the package of soft double chocolate cookies and all of the other yummies we had in our snack basket at the start of our trip. At least we had a cooler filled with zip bags full of fresh fruit and veggies, too.

+1 @ CG...

Somehow I always forgot the fruit and veggie bags... ;)

Ross

giggles 3.jpg

Back in 2013, DH and I took our "Great Western Adventure", 31 days on the road, it was a blast!
We started out with this:

Our Great Western Adventure 001.JPG

You will notice the small soft-sided cooler to the far right?
That's our fruits and veggies, the rest our goodies :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 27666

Back in 2013, DH and I took our "Great Western Adventure", 31 days on the road, it was a blast!
We started out with this:

View attachment 27667

You will notice the small soft-sided cooler to the far right?
That's our fruits and veggies, the rest our goodies :ROFLMAO:

It doesn't look very full to me. Whereas some other containers look like they are bursting at the seams. No wonder you had a blast. A blast back to childhood! I am jealous.

For me it is the stupid ladle. I have had that ladle for more than 30 years. It doesn't even have a hole in the handle so it can be hung up. It holds exactly 3/4 of a cup. Odd measurement.

My tater masher runs a close second. It is the typical kind that your mother and grandmother had. That too can't be hung up.

Right now I have a few extra dollars that I have been hanging on to. I just might go to Amazon and see what they have for replacements.

:LOL: So true, kgirl! :ROFLMAO:

Addie...you might think about buying an inexpensive crockery jar from a big box store...they're handy to store odd sized cooking utensils in there next to the stove. Easier and more practical than trying to hang them on the wall. :)

:LOL: So true, kgirl! :ROFLMAO:

Addie...you might think about buying an inexpensive crockery jar from a big box store...they're handy to store odd sized cooking utensils in there next to the stove. Easier and more practical than trying to hang them on the wall. :)

I actually have one and it holds the wooden spoons and rubber spatulas. It was a gift from my sister. It has the Weeping Blue Willow pattern on it. At one time my whole kitchen was Blue Willow. There is room for both of those items. It never occurred to me to put those two items in it. Problem solved. Thank you for the help. Great idea!

Okay, long story short. I had to make an emergency, middle of the night run to Walmart. Shrek was worried I would fall asleep driving or hit a deer. I told him I would likely hit a skunk and I was fine to drive.

So, leaving Henry, NE up the little rise and I just get to highway speed. I was getting to the point I could flip on the brights when I spotted in front of me, running hell-bent for leather, a black and white fuzzy tail. It was a skunk, running up the middle of the two lane. I swerved and missed him, he sprayed his "Thank You".

Okay, long story short. I had to make an emergency, middle of the night run to Walmart. Shrek was worried I would fall asleep driving or hit a deer. I told him I would likely hit a skunk and I was fine to drive.

So, leaving Henry, NE up the little rise and I just get to highway speed. I was getting to the point I could flip on the brights when I spotted in front of me, running hell-bent for leather, a black and white fuzzy tail. It was a skunk, running up the middle of the two lane. I swerved and missed him, he sprayed his "Thank You".

I'm not going to worry about it, but I will be parking on the street for a while.:LOL:

:LOL:

^This^, K-girl! :LOL: And sometimes when I look into a mirror, I see my Mother's face gazing back at me. :ermm:

How rude! If you're gonna smell like Peppy, you may as well go back and run the little country kitty over as a "you're welcome". BTW, I'll pass on that ride you offered to take me for...:D

^This^, K-girl! :LOL: And sometimes when I look into a mirror, I see my Mother's face gazing back at me. :ermm:

How rude! If you're gonna smell like Peppy, you may as well go back and run the little country kitty over as a "you're welcome". BTW, I'll pass on that ride you offered to take me for...:D

Oh, he was just being a skunk, I don't run over animals in the road if I can help it. As for the car, once through the carwash and it's all better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom