Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my MIL was telling me how to make sauce for lasagna, she said, put in a palm-size amount of basil and a dime-size amount of oregano... [emoji38]

Loved it. For anyone who doesn't know, a Newfoundland accent has a strong Irish influence.

The part about the temperature as "not too hot" probably comes from the time of baking in a wood stove and determining the temperature by waving your hand around in the oven.

Loved it. For anyone who doesn't know, a Newfoundland accent has a strong Irish influence.

The part about the temperature as "not too hot" probably comes from the time of baking in a wood stove and determining the temperature by waving your hand around in the oven.

That is how my mother taught me the temperature of her wood stove oven. I can still tell you how hot my oven is.

Puff is a distant cousin... only met him once or twice.

But he seems like a nice guy...

Attachments

• happywaving.GIF
    happywaving.GIF
    17.8 KB · Views: 82
Thinking here..When someone tells me a joke I've heard, I never say.." Oh that's an old joke", as some people do. That remark always sounds like it's insulting who's doing the telling. It's even worse if they correct the way you told it. Ghaa..
Anyway, here's a joke I've heard several times and it makes me laugh every time.

George goes on vacation to Hawaii and leaves his brother in charge of his beloved cat, and their mother. He calls home to tell his brother he'd like to talk to his cat. His brother says "you can't talk to your cat because he's dead". "Oh NOOO, why did you have to tell me that when I'm so far away from home. You ruined my vacation! You could have said anything, like the cat is on the roof or something!"
The next week George calls home again and said, "well, since I can't talk to my cat, let me talk with Mom". "You can't talk with her either...she's on the roof".

Badda Bing...:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
thinking here..when someone tells me a joke i've heard, i never say.." oh that's an old joke", as some people do. That remark always sounds like it's insulting who's doing the telling. It's even worse if they correct the way you told it. Ghaa..
Anyway, here's a joke i've heard several times and it makes me laugh every time.

George goes on vacation to hawaii and leaves his brother in charge of his beloved cat, and their mother. He calls home to tell his brother he'd like to talk to his cat. His brother says "you can't talk to your cat because he's dead". "oh nooo, why did you have to tell me that when i'm so far away from home. You ruined my vacation! You could have said anything, like the cat is on the roof or something!"
the next week george calls home again and said, "well, since i can't talk to my cat, let me talk with mom". "you can't talk with her either...she's on the roof".

Badda bing...:ROFLMAO:

giggles 3.jpg

I may have posted this one before, but it's particularly appropriate with the weather some of us are having right now.

Attachments

• air hurts my face and answers.jpg
    air hurts my face and answers.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 142

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom