DID YOU KNOW...
Disney’s “The Lion King” is based on Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’.
1. Which of these is the world’s largest peninsula ?
a. – The Horn of Africa
b. – the Indochina Peninsula
c. – the Deccan (India) Peninsula
d. – the Arabian Peninsula
2. In 330 AD, the capital of the Roman Empire moved from Rome to what is now
called Istanbul ; what was it called then ?
3. Which NFL team was the first to display a logo or symbol on their
a. - Cleveland Browns
b. - Los Angeles Rams
c. - Chicago Bears
d. - Dallas Cowboys
4. In the movie 'Schindler's List', what is the first name of the Title
5. What is the capital city of Ukraine?
6. Which bodily features are missing from Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece,
7. Coca-Cola was introduced in what year ?
a. - 1886
b. - 1896
c. - 1906
d. - 1916
8. What clothing-related idiom refers to someone giving a speech without
having made any preparation?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 2012, more U.S. soldiers committed suicide than were
killed by enemy fire.
1. – d (Those listed are the top four, in reverse order)
3. - b
7. - a
8. Off the Cuff
In 2012, for the first time in at least a generation, the number of
active-duty soldiers who killed themselves, 177, exceeded the 176 who were
killed while in the war zone.
Across all branches of the US military and the reserves, a similar
disturbing trend was recorded. In all, 349 service members took their own
lives in 2012, while a lesser number, 295, died in combat.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi