DID YOU KNOW ...
From one average-sized Redwood, we could build 60 average-sized homes.
1. In what country was Catherine II (the Great) born ?
a. - Poland
b. - Germany
c. - Russia
d. - France
2. The Caribbean French colony of Saint-Domingue became which country?
a. - Haiti
b. - Dominican republic
c. - Jamaica
d. - Barbados
3. In the US, there is a holiday in which people are encouraged to plant and
care for trees. Which holiday is this?
4. Edgar Rice Burroughs created a world at the center of the earth ; what is
the name of this place ?
5. Strange words are These ; SABRA ...
a. - A long woolen scarf
b. - a Native-born Israeli
c. - The edible body of Oysters
d. - a Loincloth
6. What was the first city in the world to exceed one million in
a. - London
b. - Paris
c. - Athens
d. - Rome
7. Which book of James A. Michener's was turned into the musical "South
8. Name that Flick !!
DiCaprio is the male lead, looking to avenge his father's murder ; Diaz is a pickpocket...
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The heart of a shrimp is located on its head.
1. - b
2. - a
3. Arbor day
5. - b
6. - d
7. 'Tales of the South Pacific'
8. 'Gangs of New York'
A shrimps heart is located on its head. If we base it on the exact anatomy
of a shrimp, its heart is located on its thorax just after the head, but
both the head and the thorax are covered with a single exoskeleton only,
that is why the shrimps thorax can be mistaken as still part of the shrimps
“I come from a home where gravy is a beverage.”
― Erma Bombeck