DID YOU KNOW...
In its first four months of sales in 1958, over 25 million Hula Hoops were
sold, at $1.98 each ...
1. In terms of radio, what does FM stand for?
2. What is the term used to describe the bacteria that thrive in hot
3. When is 'Pi Day' ?
a. - 3/14
b. - 4/14
c. - 5/14
d. - 6/14
4. NASA's FIRST space shuttle that flew a mission was named what?
(Bonus; In what year did it fly ?)
5. If Pennsylvania were a clock, where would Gettysburg be ?
a. - 12:00
b. - 6:00
c. - 3:00
d. - 9:00
6. Who Am I ??
I was born in the Austrian Empire in 1856 and emigrated to the U.S. in 1884.
I invented fluorescent lighting, the alternating current (AC) system and a
coil which carries my name that is still in use in radio and TV sets. Who am
7. Mount Vinson is the highest peak on one of the seven continents. Which
8. Abraham Lincoln is buried in which Midwestern city ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first sensation that a fetus experiences in the womb is sound.
1. Frequency modulation
3. - a
4. Columbia, (in 1981)
5. - b
6. I am Nikola Tesla
8. Springfield, Illinois
Touch is the first sensation that we develop in our mother's body. At eight
weeks, the fetus can sense touches to lips and cheeks. Taste and sound are
detected later at twelve and twenty-two weeks. The fetus starts blinking and
can detect light at about twenty-eight weeks.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi