DID YOU KNOW...
In 2017, airlines spent $275 million on 350 million additional gallons of
fuel to compensate for the additional weight of their passengers.
1. What Gene Autry song plays in "Sleepless in Seattle" as Tom Hanks gets
ready to date again?
2. What was the name of the mother of John the Baptist?
3. In 1991, two British men by the name of Doug Bower and Dave Chorley took
credit for being responsible for what previously unexplained phenomenon?
4. In the USA, how is the number of electors to the Electoral College for
each state determined?
5. Which new province or territory came into existence in Canada on April 1,
6. Did you know that waterfalls have ten "types" or classifications? What
type are Niagara Falls and Victoria Falls?
A. - Cascade
B. - Block
C. - Plunge
D. - Meander
7. Which street in New Orleans was made famous by a Tennessee Williams play?
8. Where was brick cheese originally made?
a. - France
b. - Switzerland
c. - Belgium
d. - USA
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A cubic yard of dry soil weighs about 2,000 pounds.
1. 'Back in the Saddle Again'
3. Crop Circles
4. The number of House Members plus the number of Senators
6. - b
7. Desire Street
8. - d
Moisture in soil holds it together and is a primary factor in determining
the average weight of a cubic yard of soil, no matter what components the
soil is made of. For instance, 1 cubic yard of dry soil topsoil weighs about
2,000 pounds, while the same soil can weigh around 3,000 pounds when
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi