DID YOU KNOW ...
In the United States, there are approximately 5,300 colleges and
universities. These colleges and universities range from beauty schools to
private Ivy League research universities like Harvard University
1. In July 2004 who did the Democrat John Kerry pick as his presidential
2. "Lucky Lindy" made his famous flight in what year ?
3. An association of craftsmen or tradespeople in a town is known as a
.......... what ?
4. Which 80's song is the odd one out?
a. - Smooth Criminal
b. - Be Good Johnny
c. - Down Under
d. - Who Can It Be Now?
5. In 1933 James Whale directed the science fiction classic, 'The Invisible Man', but who was the author of a book of the same name?
a. - Ralph Ellison
b. - Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle
c. - Jules Verne
d. - Robert Heinlein
6. What was the name of the main character who turns out to be the Antichrist in the "Omen" movies ?
7. In what body of water does Bermuda lie ?
8. In what film did Johnny Depp play a vampire ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In Australia , the Eucalyptus tee is nicknamed “The Widow Maker”..
1. John Anderson
2. - 1927
4. - a
5. - a
7. the North Atlantic Ocean
8. 'Dark Shadows'
The eucalyptus tree is called the "widow maker" because of its propensity to
drop heavy limbs and its shallow root system. Both are survival mechanisms
for the trees. A shallow root system improves survival rates where rainfall
is limited. However, winds that cause the tree to sway can tear the shallow
roots, causing the tree to topple. In cases of severe drought, the tree will
shed some large branches to lessen the amount of water needed to ensure the
tree's survival. Disease will also cause limb shedding.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi