Trivia 1/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Trivia 1/6
DID YOU KNOW ...
The year I was born, 1946, the Federal Minimum Wage was Forty Cents an hour, the average Annual Income was $2,600....

1. What band had a big hit in 1971 with "Joy to the World"?
2. Which of these was NOT set in a Hospital ?
a. - New Amsterdam
b. - Marcus Welby, M.D.
c. - St. Elsewhere
d. - Chicago Hope
3. Name That Composer ;
Works include "The Magic Flute", "Eine kleine Nachtmusik", and the famous Symphony #41, "Jupiter".
a. - Beethoven
b. - Bach
c. - Liszt
d. - Mozart
4.What stadium was a site of the '69 & '86 World Series ?
a. - RFK Stadium
b. - Shea Stadium
c. - Both
d. - Neither
5. Which Australian animal's name comes from the Greek words for 'flat' and 'foot'?
6. Who Am I ??
Justin and I were the two finalists on the very first "American Idol". I won, and went on to a great singing career. Nowadays, I'm a Judge on another Talent Show... Who Am I ?
7. To which of the Fifty must I travel to visit Pike's Peak ?
8. Although the taste is not distinctly noticeable, Worcestershire sauce includes, amongst its many ingredients, a fish. Which fish is it?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Kettledrum and Kettlebell are instruments in the Percussion section of an orchestra.
1. Three Dog Night
2. - b
3. - d
4. - b
5. Platypus
6. I am Kelly Clarkson
7. California
8. Anchovy

CRAP !!
Kettle Drum, yes, but ...........
A kettlebell is a cast iron or cast steel ball with a single thick handle, based on the girya, a Russian metal weight used to weigh crops and which is also a loanword meaning 'heavy' in Persian. Unlike exercises using the dumbbell or barbell, the kettlebell tends to favour exercises which have a large number of repetitions. They work many muscles and are typically used as part of holistic exercise routines that work the whole body,

Back
Top Bottom