DID YOU KNOW ...
One of history's longest wars lasted for 335 years and was between
the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly.....Amazingly, not a single person
was killed in this war .
1. What American professional boxer was known as the Brown Bomber?
2. Definition ; SOLICITUDE ..
a. - a feeling of excessive concern
b. - State of trying to obtain (something) from someone
c. - Both
d. - Neither
3. What is the capital of Australia?
4. There are many satellites orbiting our Earth ; What's the Largest one ?
5. Some questions don't really require an answer. What are those questions
6. How do you contract Rocky Mountain spotted fever?
a. - Flea Bite
b. - Tick Bite
c. - Snake Bite
d. - listen to too much John Denver
7. Which of the following greats, was inducted into the Hall of Fame first?
a. - Jackie Robinson
b. - Bill McKechnie
c. - Bob Feller
d. - Walter Johnson
8. Name That Flick ...
Drew Barrymore is a girl in the 80s who follows her heart to wed Robbie Hart
(played by Adam Sandler...)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The worst death toll in the United States from a winter storm occurred in
Great Blizzard of 1978 in the Northeast, when over 400 people died.
1. Joe Louis
2. - a
4. the Moon
5. Rhetorical Questions
6. - b
7. - d
8. 'The Wedding Singer'
The year was 1888...
The worst death toll in the United States for a winter storm occurred in The
Great Blizzard of 1888 in the Northeast. Over March 11–14, the blizzard
dropped between 40–50 inches of snow in parts of New York, New Jersey,
Connecticut, and Massachusetts. It blocked roads and wiped out telephone,
telegraph, and rail service for days. It was responsible for over 400 deaths
(200 in New York alone) and sank 200 ships. New York and Boston created the
first underground subway system partly in response to the massive 1888 storm
and the gridlock it created.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi