DID YOU KNOW...
As of 2010, Autism affected one in every 150 children born in the United
Today (2020) the rate is one in 45 children
1. How old was Elvis when he died ?
2. What percentage of the air we breathe is oxygen ?
a. - 11%
b. - 16%
c. - 21%
d. - 26%
3. Can you pick the actor that connects 'LaVerne & Shirley' with 'This is
Spinal Tap' ?
a. - David L. Lander
b. - Michael McKean
c. - Rob Reiner
d. - Eddie Mekka
4. Fill in the Blanks ;
The beautiful aroma of limonene fills my nostrils..... What am I eating ?
5. What is the term for an iron deficiency in the body?
6. Only one country in the world starts with 'O' - name it ...
7. Which action star is known as "the muscles from Brussels"?
8. How many of his six wives did Henry have beheaded ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Elemental phosphorus is highly toxic. Many early workers in the matchmaking
industry who were chronically exposed to it suffered an affliction commonly
known as 'Phossy Jaw'.
1. - 42
2. - c
3. - b
4. a Citrus (accepted ; any citrus, such as oranges, lemons, limes, etc.)
7. Jean-Claude Van Damme
8. - 2
Those afflicted with phossy jaw developed an eerie glow in affected bones,
which, in severe cases could be seen through the skin in darkness. Before
you go on a phosphorus eating binge to try and start a new fad, you should
know common symptoms included extreme pain, swollen gums, and a foul
smelling discharge, not to mention facial disfigurement. As the initial
symptoms intensified, brain damage set in and the jaw bone had to be
removed, or a painful death followed via failure of multiple organs. White
phosphorus was banned from the matchmaking industry starting in the early
20th century. Much safer handling techniques have since been put into play
for those working with elemental phosphorus.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi