DID YOU KNOW...
In 1950, Frank McNamara, founder of the Diner's Club, issued the first universal credit card in the United States.
1.What was The Marvelettes' only number one hit on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1961?
a. - Don't Mess With Bill
b. - Twistin' Postman
c. - Please Mr. Postman
d. - Beechwood 4-5789
2. If you were diagnosed with glomerulonephritis, which part of your body is affected?
3. In 1994, What did the British pop group KLF do with the £1 million profit they made?
a. Gave it to the Salvation Army
b. Donated it to AIDS research
c. Donated it to the Cancer Society
d. Burnt it
4. What was the name of the title character in The Old Man and the Sea ?
A tabby cat named Larry, who took up residence at No. 10 Downing Street in 2011, became known by what official sounding title?
a. - Minister without Portfolio
b. - Principal Purrliamentary Advisor
c. - Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office
d. - Under-Secretary of State for Rodentia
6. A popular souvenir from the German city of Kφln comes in a blue-labeled glass bottle marked with the number 4711. What is it?
7. Strange Words are These ; UNCTION...
a. - Religious or spiritual fervor or the expression of such fervor
b. - Exaggerated, assumed, or superficial earnestness of language or manner
8. Fill in the Blank ;
The Voting Rights Act of ____ lowered the voting age for federal elections ...
(Bonus ; what was the primary argument for lowering the voting age to eighteen ?)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first Professional Hockey Goalie to wear face protection was
(If you can be drafted and sent to die in Vietnam at age 18, you should be old enough to vote )
Plante was the first to wear a Hockey Mask, but..........
Clinton Stevenson " Praying Benny " Benedict (September 26, 1892 November 12, 1976) was a Canadian professional Lacrosse goalie, ice hockey goaltender who played for the Ottawa Senators and the Montreal Maroons. He played on four Stanley Cup -winning squads. He was the first goaltender in the National Hockey League (NHL) to wear a face mask.