Trivia 10/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 10/15
DID YOU KNOW...
Carl Gugasian is one of the most prolific Bank Robbers in U.S. History, having robbed over 50 Banks in 30 years...... When finally caught , he served 17 years in Prison.

1. What do you call baby beavers ?
2. To which of Canada's Provinces must I travel to visit Moose Jaw ?
3. In what 1955 novel would I find narrator Humbert Humbert marrying Charlotte Haze for ulterior motives ?
4. It is called wild carrot by Europeans, but what's the more regal name by which it's known America ?
5. Where am I; The local low-sulfur soil gives this American city's namesake onions their sweet flavor...
6. According to the folk tune, Michael Row the Boat Ashore, on what body of water is Michael rowing ?
7. At what chilly temperature do the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales read the same ?
8. What was the name of the title character on TV's The Man From U.N.C.L.E. ?

TRUTH OR CRAP ?? Abner Doubleday invented the game of baseball.
1. KITS
2. Saskatchewan
3. Lolita
4. QUEEN ANNE'S LACE
5. WALLA WALLA
6. the Jordan River
7. 40 below zero
8. NAPOLEON SOLO

CRAP !!
Abner Doubleday did not invent baseball. Publications about the game date as early as 1835, when Abner was just 16 years old. Further, though he is credited with inventing baseball in Cooperstown, New York, in 1839, it is known that he was enrolled at West Point from 1838 to 1842. At that time a West Point Cadet was not allowed to leave campus until his last year in school; thus it was impossible for him to visit Cooperstown before 1841.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom