DID YOU KNOW ...
Over 1,000 Earths could fit inside Jupiter.
1. Strange Words are These ; DEJEUNER ....
a. - one who is playfully mischievous
b. - variegate with different colors, shades, or patterns
c. - an off-hand, caustic remark
d. - brunch or lunch
2. What stage and screen hit was inspired by the life of singer-actress
Fanny Brice ?
3. What author created "The Ugly Duckling", ?
4. Who was Mayor of Chicago during the 1968 Democratic Convention ?
5. If you throw a regular die and it lands with the number 4 on the upper
surface, what number will be on the lower surface?
6. What is the source of the name for Noel Coward's play (and the motion
picture) "Blithe Spirit"?
a. - I Samuel in the Old Testament
b. - a Percy Bysshe Shelley poem
c. - William Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
d. - the Opera "The Ghosts of Versailles"
7. The gay bar and recreational tavern in the Greenwich Village
neighborhood of Lower Manhattan, New York City, and the site of riots of
1969, which is widely considered to be the single most important event
leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights
in the United States. Name the bar ...
8. While Paul Giamatti is a noted actor, for what is his father Bart most
a. - Mayor of Boston, Mass.
b. - Mob Boss
c. - Commissioner of Baseball
d. - Chef and owner of the Rainbow Room, NYC
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Nolan Ryan is the only MLB player to have his number retired by three teams,
with the exception of Jackie Robinson, whose number has been retired by all
1. - d
2. "Funny girl"
3. Hans Christian Andersen
4. Richard J. Daley
5. - 3
6. - b
7. the Stonewall Inn (Accepted; Stonewall...)
8. - c
Nolan Ryan is the only player to have his number retired by three clubs. His
# 30 is retired by the Angels; # 34 is retired by the Houston Astros and
Texas Rangers. Of course, Jackie Robinson 's # 42 is retired throughout
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi