DID YOU KNOW...
The Sequoia tree is named in honor of the Cherokee leader Sequoyah, who
helped his people develop an alphabet.
1. Name the organ that filters foreign substances from the blood, and also
holds extra blood that can be released when needed ...
2. What name did Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson give to
themselves, that was also the name of their cooking show that aired on BBC
2, the Food Network, and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation?
3.Name the actress who starred in the 1984 movie, "Romancing the Stone" and
was the voice of Jessica Rabbit in the 1988 movie,
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit"...
4. Movie Tag-lines Dept;
"The new police recruits. Call them what you like ... just don't call them
when you're in trouble".
5. If you were suffering from 'mal de mer' what illness would be troubling
6. What must you accomplish to become a 'super centenarian' ?
7. From what ore is aluminum extracted ?
8. The word 'Vupine' relates to what animal ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Ferdinand von Richthofen coined the name, 'the Silk Road' .
1. the Spleen
2. 'Two Fat Ladies'
3. Kathleen Turner
4. 'Police Academy'
6. live more than 110 years
TRUTH !! !!
The Silk Road derives its name from the lucrative Asian silk, a major reason
for the connection of trade routes into an extensive transcontinental
network. The German terms Seidenstraße and Seidenstraßen ("the Silk
Road(s)") were coined by Ferdinand von Richthofen, who made seven
expeditions to China from 1868 to 1872. The term Silk Route is also used.
Although the term was coined in the 19th century, it did not gain widespread
acceptance in academia or popularity among the public until the 20th
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi