DID YOU KNOW ...
Some monkeys in Thailand teach their young to floss !
1. What four word phrase begins the title of two Sergio Leone films, one "in
the West" and another "in America"? Antonio Banderas stars in a similarly
titled film "In Mexico".
2. Ranchera is a genre of traditional music associated with which
a. - Brazil
b. - Argentina
c. - Spain
d. - Mexico
3. Which is the only sign of the zodiac whose symbol is a human female?
4. What country was the birthplace of the Red Cross?
a. - Canada
b. - Sweden
c. - Switzerland
d. - USA
5. Ammonia is a compound. What does it consist of?
a. - Zinc and Helium
b. - Bromine and Hydrogen
c. - Nitrogen and Lead( Plumbum)
d. - Nitrogen and Hydrogen
6. Complete the lyric ;
"We got married in a fever, Hotter than a pepper sprout
We been talkin' bout _______ , ever since the fire went out......"
7. In 1863, Jules Verne's first book was titled " ____ _____ in a
8. What was Davy Crockett's affectionate nickname for his rifle?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In medieval England, the name for a cold or flu was "The Withies"
1. " Once Upon a Time"
2. - d
4. - c
5. - d
7. 'Five Weeks
8. Old Betsy
In medieval England, the only times during the year left for weaving and
repairing homes was during the colder months. Twigs were used to repair the
walls of huts, straw for lining, and willow rods, after the leaves had
fallen off, were used for making containers and thatching in particular.
Those rods were known as 'withies'.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi