DID YOU KNOW ...
A grasshopper's ears are found not on its head, but rather, on its belly.
1. What do you call a female Lumberjack ?
2. What former talk show host is a co-owner of the 2020 Indianapolis 500
winning car driven by Takuma Sato?
a. - David Letterman
b. - Jay Leno
c. - Jerry Springer
d. - Jimmy Kimmel
3. What does polyglot mean?
a. - a multi-tasker
b. - a speaker of many languages
c. - a man of mixed ancestry
d. - a man with many wives
4. In the children's books, Dick and Jane had a dog named Spot and a kitten
named ..........what ?
5. Why does the Bronx Zoo, in New York, have a daily consignment of blood
sent from a local abbatoir?
6. Strange Words are these ; METIS ...
a. - a foreign resident of Athens, one who did not have citizen rights
b. - an alkyl derived from methane, containing one carbon atom bonded to
three hydrogen atoms
c. - Both
d. - Neither
7. Who is usually referred to as the 'Father of Computers' ?
(Hint ; Initials C.B.)
8. ...and while we are on the subject, "Pixel" is short for ........... what
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first flowering plants appeared during the The Carboniferous period.
1. a Lumberjill
2. - a
3. - b
5. to Feed their Vampire Bat population
6. - d (Metis - a half-breed of white and Indian parentage)
7. Charles Babbage
8. Picture Element
Flowering plants first appeared during the Cretaceous period, but very
little is known about them, because flowers tend to be fragile and no
fossils exist of the earliest flowers. Recent genetic reconstruction of what
the flowers looked like suggests that they resembled magnolia flowers. This
makes sense, as magnolias are an ancient group of plants. Plants in the
magnolia family have been identified as living 95 million years ago (well
within the Cretaceous period) and were probably pollinated by beetles, as
bees did not exist at that time.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”