DID YOU KNOW...
Amelia Earhart and Eleanor Roosevelt once sneaked out of a White House
event, commandeered an airplane, and went on a joyride to Baltimore.
1. What is the scientific name for the study of Ice ?
2. Marine Corps snipers work in teams of two. What is the other person in
the team called?
3. Which of these people is usually credited with coining the term
a. - James Watt
b. - Karl Benz
c. - Gottlieb Daimler
d. - Henry Ford
4. Which U.S. state is the only one that has a law on how to pronounce its
a. - Illinois
b. - Arkansas
c. - Iowa
5. Brit-Speak: Cockney Dept;
Your Cockney friend tells you "I'm having a bubble". What is he doing?
a. - He's annoying someone
b. - He's in the bath
c. - He's having a laugh, pulling someone's leg
d. - He's eating fried cabbage
6. Can you recall who succeeded Chernenko in Russia in 1985?
a. - Yeltsin
b. - Andropov
c. - Putin
d. - Gorbachev
7. Ecuador, East Timor, Hong Kong and Zimbabwe all use a currency with the
same name ; what is it ?
8. What do a populous city in New York state, a character on Jack Benny's
radio and television programs (1937-1965), and Jane Eyre's true love to whom
she is eventually married at the end of Charlotte Brontë's 1847 novel have
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
If you were standing at the South Pole, you would be over 9,000 feet (1.7
miles) above sea level.
3. - a
4. - b
5. - c
6. - d
7. the Dollar
The ice surface of the South Pole where you would be standing sits at about
9300 feet altitude. The ice is so thick, however, that the land mass below
the pole is actually only about 328 feet above sea level.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi