DID YOU KNOW...
Robert E. Lee's father was Governor of Virginia.
1. The HMS Bounty, famous for a mutiny, was sent to Tahiti to collect what
natural resource ?
2. Do you recall 'Laverne & Shirley ??? ... DeFazio was Laverne's last name;
what was Shirley's ?
3. What was John Deere's trade, besides inventing ?
a. - Wagon builder
b. - Engineer
c. - Blacksmith
d. - Locomotive Builder
4. While we're talking about Mr. Deere, have you any idea what his first
invention was ??
a. - Iron Tractor Wheels wit Spikes
b. - Cattle Yokes for the Milk Barn
c. - Steel Plough
d. - Mechanical Manure Spreader
5. In the King James Version of the Bible, what is the 50th word?
a. - Void
b. - Waters
c. - Light
d. - Rested
6. What is an ice road?
7. In the Massachusetts village of Salem, in the year 1692, how many
citizens were executed for witchcraft ?
a. - 5
b. - 10
c. - 15
d. - 20
8. What cat breed is known as "the gentle giant?"
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
There was a lone survivor at the battle of Little Big Horn, Cpl. Frank
3. - c
4. - c
5. - c
6. A road plowed over a body of water in the winter, when the ice is thick
enough to support motor vehicles
7. - d
8. the Maine coon cat
Finkle rose to prominence late in his life and after his death for his
claims to being the only survivor of George Armstrong Custer's famed "Last
Stand" at the Battle of the Little Bighorn on June 25, 1876. Historians
disagree over whether Finkel's claim is accurate; although he provided
several details that would only have been known by someone who was at Little
Bighorn, there are inconsistencies in his accounts of events.
Something else you might not know; “Custer’s Last Stand” did not end with
the deaths of all of the soldiers involved in the battle, only those in
The 7th Cavalry on June 25, 1876, consisted of about 31 officers, 586
soldiers, 33 Indian scouts and 20 civilian employees. They did not all die.
When the smoke cleared on the evening of June 26, 262 were dead, 68 were
wounded and six later died of their wounds. Custer’s Battalion – C, E, F, I
and L companies – was wiped out, but the majority of the seven other
companies under Major Marcus Reno and Captain Frederick Benteen survived.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi