DID YOU KNOW...
The national fruit of India is the mango. The national bird is the peacock,
which was initially bred for food.
1. In 1968, young volunteers pledged to get "Clean for Gene" ; what
politician were they working for ?
2. What common property is shared by all the noble gases?
a. - When mixed with water, they form a blueish - green solution, which is
toxic and if consumed, can cause several complications.
b. - They are highly reactive, in fact, so reactive that if not stored in
air tight containers, they react with the atmospheric hydrogen to cause an
c. - They are inert, and do not easily form chemical compounds.
d. - They are metallic in nature, and have basic oxides.
3. Why is it impossible, now and at any time in the future, to land on
4. In Distilling whiskey, what material are most Stills made of ?
5. In the animal kingdom, what is the difference between a martin and a
6. Although women in the Wyoming Territory of the United States voted as
early as 1869, which island nation was the first to allow its female
population to vote in the national general elections of 1893?
a. - Australia
b. - New Zealand
c. - Iceland
d. - Greece
7. Name the two stars of the film, "Love Story" ...
8. Movie Quotes Department ;
"I'll have what SHE'S having"...
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A Nazi plot to kill Sir Winston Churchill with an exploding cigar during
the Second World War has been revealed in historic papers.
1. Eugene McCarthy
2. - c
3. Jupiter has no solid surface to land on
4. Copper, and to a lesser extent, Stainless Steel
5. A martin is a bird, a marten a mammal
6. - b
7. Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw
8. "When Harry Met Sally"
A Nazi plot to kill Sir Winston Churchill with a bar of exploding chocolate
during the Second World War has been revealed in historic papers.
Giving a new meaning to the dessert name “death by chocolate”, Adolf Hitler’s
bomb makers coated explosive devices with a thin layer of rich dark
chocolate, then packaged it in expensive-looking black and gold paper.
The Germans apparently planned to use secret agents working in Britain to
discreetly place the bars - branded as Peters Chocolate - among other luxury
items taken into the dining room used by the War Cabinet during the
The lethal slabs of confection were packed with enough explosives to kill
anyone within several meters.
But the plot was foiled by British spies who discovered the chocolate was
being made and tipped off one of MI5’s most senior intelligence chiefs, Lord
Victor Rothschild, before the wartime prime minister’s life could be
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi