DID YOU KNOW...
Now part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Alcatraz boasts over 1
million tourists annually, making it one of San Francisco’s most popular
1. What sign is represented by the 'Water Bearer'?
2. Who Said That ??
'There she was - dejected, desperate, and stoned. Everything I could hope
for in a woman.'
a. - Bud Bundy
b. - "Moe" Szyslak
c. - Dick Solomon
d. - Louie DePalma
3. The headwaters of the Amazon River are located in what country ?
a. - Peru
b. - Colombia
c. - Bolivia
d. - Brazil
4. Sepal, anther, style and stigma are all parts of what?
5. Kay Scarpetta, a forensic pathologist who investigates grisly crimes, is
the main protagonist in which author's novels?
a. - Tess Gerritsen
b. - Sue Grafton
c. - Patricia Cornwell
d. - Kathy Reichs
6. What is the official language of Iran?
a. - Farsi
b. - Turkic
c. - Arabic
d. - Amharic
7. By what moniker is Jorge Mario Bergoglio, born December 17, 1936, known?
8. Which football team a tremendous last minute comeback to beat the NY Jets
to win the 1968 "Heidi Game"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The inventor of the Systolic Blood Pressure Test, also created Wonder Woman.
2. - d
3. - a
4. a Flower
5. - c
6. - a
7. Pope Francis
8. Oakland Raiders
William Moulton Marston (1893-1947) based the character (original name:
'Suprema') on a composite of his wife, Elizabeth, and his live-in mistress,
Olive Byrne. Wonder Woman made her first appearance in the December 1941
issue of "All Star Comics." Marston also worked on creating the first lie
detector machine and stated that Wonder Woman's 'Golden Lasso of Truth'
represented his efforts to create a machine that indicated whether someone
was lying or not.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi