DID YOU KNOW...
Yes, there was a real John Chapman who planted thousands of apple trees on
U.S. soil. But the apples on those trees were much more bitter than the ones
you’d find in the supermarket today. “Johnny Appleseed” didn’t expect his
fruits to be eaten whole, but rather made into hard apple cider.
1. What is the name of the very first Nuclear powered Aircraft Carrier in
the U.S. Navy Fleet ?
2. Which of the Fifty has the longest border with Canada ?
(Bonus; Second Longest ??)
3. What is the first name of Jonathan Swift character, Gulliver ?
4. During WWII, two battleships symbolically mark the beginning and the end
of the Conflict..... name them...
5. Of which ancient people did Greek historian Herodotus write: "No virgin
weds till she has slain a man of the enemy"?
6. What ingredient accounts for the light texture and "pouf" of angel food
7. For you dinosaurs out there;
What song was on the 'B' side of Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" ?
8. When was the first military Draft (Conscription) put into effect in the
(Some States had a Draft off and on to fill their Militias, but we are after
a. - 1862
b. - 1917
c. - 1941
d. - 1969
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The singing star, Engelbert Humperdinck, took his name from a character in
Dickens' 'Bleak House'.
1. USS Enterprise
2. Alaska (Michigan)
4. USS Arizona and the USS Missouri
5. the Amazons
6. Egg Whites
7. "Don't be Cruel"
8. - a
Born Arnold George Dorsey in Madras, India, on May 2, 1936, A self-described
dreamer and loner, Humperdinck dropped out of school at the age of 15. After
a stint doing National Service in Germany, he began singing in men's clubs,
but it was a hard way to make a living. Singing under the name Gerry Dorsey,
Humperdinck scraped by financially. His financial pressures increased when
he married his wife, Patricia. The couple eventually had four children
In an attempt to reinvent himself, the performer followed the advice of his
manager, who also oversaw fellow singer Tom Jones. His manager changed his
name to Engelbert Humperdinck, the same name as the late 19th century German
composer and creator of the opera Hansel and Gretel
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi