DID YOU KNOW...
A 2016 CDC study showed that 1.8 percent of U.S. adults are underweight, due
to poor nutrition or health conditions.
A second study from the National Center for Health Statistics at the CDC
showed that 39.6% of US adults age 20 and older were obese as of 2015-2016
(37.9% for men and 41.1% for women).
1. In what city was the Confederate Capital located for most of the war ?
2. Complete the title of the 1987 Oscar winning movie "The Last ---"
3. What year saw the birth of the TV series , "Bonanza" ?
a. - 1959
b. - 1962
c. - 1967
d. - 1970
(Bonus; What year did it go off the air (Not counting syndication...)
4. Name the two authors whose Works sales finish second and third behind the
5. Known to millions of readers as the editor-in-chief of "Cosmopolitan"
magazine, who was an icon of women's sexual empowerment?
a. - Gloria Steinem
b. - Helen Gurley Brown
c. - Both
d. - Neither
6. What do the motion pictures "The Thing" (2011), "March of the Penguins"
(2005) and "Happy Feet" (2006) have in common?
7. What song in the 1970s made household words of several of the "10-codes"
used by CB radio operators?
(Hint; One-Word Title ...)
8. Who approved construction of the infamous Berlin Wall?
a. - Joseph Stalin
b. - Mikhail Gorbachev
c. - Vladimir Lenin
d. - Nikita Khrushchev
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Jackson Five recorded their first songs with Steeltown Records.
1. Richmond, Va.
3. - a (1973)
4. Shakespeare and Agatha Christie
5. - b
6. Set in Antarctica
8. - d
They recorded several songs for Steeltown in 1967 before signing with Motown
in 1968. They stayed with Motown until 1975, leaving to go onto sign with
Epic Records in June of that same year.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi