DID YOU KNOW ...
A Blue Whale's heart can weigh as much as a ton.
1. Operation Overlord, the invasion of Normandy, France , occurred in what
month and year ?
2. What married couple from Hollywood's silent era, individually known as
America's Sweetheart and The King of Hollywood, co-founded the United
Artists motion picture studio?
3. What event in 1812 caused the Mississippi River to flow backwards ?
(Hint ; Looking for three Words ; N__ M_____ E_________ ...)
4. Fill in the Blank ;
According to ancient tradition, Rome was founded on April 21, _53 BC. ...
a. - 4
b. - 5
c. - 6
d. - 7
5. Confederate Captain Henry Wirz was tried and executed for war crimes
because of his maladministration of which prisoner-of-war camp?
6. Complete the Lyric ; (Four Words...)
"I'm gonna take you girl and hold you
And do all the things I told you
7. Which is the world's most populous island ?
a. - Honshu
b. - Java
c. - Great Britain
d. - Sumatra
8. What band had the smash hit "Relax" in 1984?
a. - Tears for Fears
b. - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
c. - Right Said Fred
d. - Berlin
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
When the "Three Musketeers" candy bar got Its name, it was not from the
Alexander Dumas book,
but from the three different flavors, Chocolate , Vanilla and Strawberry.
1. June, 1944
2. Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks Sr.
3. New Madrid earthquake
4. - d
6. "In the Midnight Hour"
7. - b
8. - b
Three Musketeers got its name, not from the Alexander Dumas book, but from
the three different flavors it came in when it was first released in 1932.
By 1945 there were restrictions on sugar due to World War II, and it became
harder to find ingredients for the vanilla and strawberry versions. The bar,
instead of being three small pieces, was increased in size and turned into
all chocolate coating, while retaining the nougat filling.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi