DID YOU KNOW ...
Inside some whales and dolphins are small bones that show they once had back
legs and that their ancestors walked on land. These occasionally reappear as
tiny rear flippers
1. How many spaces are on a Treble Clef music staff?
(Bonus ; what notes sit in those spaces ?)
2. The earth is classed as an oblate spheroid which means which of these?
a. - It is squashed flat at the poles
b. - it is pear-shaped
c. - It is oval-shaped
d. - There is a large depression in one side
3. The 1952 film "Limelight" was written and directed by, as well as
starring, which British-born comedian better know for his silent movies of
the 1910's and '20's?
a. - Charlie Chaplin
b. - Harry Langdon
c. - Buster Keaton
d. - Harold Lloyd
4. What are the four swimming strokes in individual medley events ?
(Bonus ; Get 'em in the order that they are swum in ...)
5. What do the British call an elevator?
6. What are the main ingredients of the Irish dish colcannon?
7. This Olympic sport contains herons, flamingos, and cranes. It has the
competitors performing routines to music, either with another person, or in
groups of up to 10 people. Which sport is this?
8. What ingredients constitute a Harvey Wallbanger ?
(Hint; Three ingredients, and a slice of Orange on the rim...)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A man was struck by lightning ten times over the years, and survived them
1. Four (F-A-C-E)
2. - a
3. - as
4. butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle
5. a Lift
6. Potatoes and Cabbage
7. Synchronized swimming
8. vodka, Galliano, and orange juice
......but not by much ....
Roy Cleveland Sullivan (February 7, 1912 September 28, 1983) was a United
States park ranger in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Between 1942 and
1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven different occasions and
survived all of them.
There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
― Mahatma Gandhi