DID YOU KNOW ...
Nazi leader Herman Goering was so drug addicted that, when he was
arrested trying to flee at the end of the war, he had with him a suitcase
filled with approximately 20,000 Paracodeine capsules?
1. In navies around the world, insignia identifying an aviator are a pair of
wings. What insignia designates a submariner?
2. Which is the only one of the four US Presidents below that DID attend
a. - George Washington
b. - Grover Cleveland
c. - Abraham Lincoln
d. - Jimmy Carter
3. In 1929, 20 women competed in the Women's Air Derby, an airplane race
from Santa Monica, California, to Cleveland, Ohio. What did the humorist
Will Rogers call this race?
(Hint ; Three words ; P_____ P___ D____ ...)
4. The island of Elba is famous around the world for harboring French
Emperor Napoleon in 1814 during his exile... In which body of water is Elba
a. - Mediterranean
b. - Aegean
c. - Atlantic
d. - English Channel
5. What's the name of the only female judge of Israel who is also described
as a prophetess, as per Judges 4?
6. Who is the famous naval hero in CS Forester's books?
7. What was the name of the woman who started the American Red Cross?
8. Which Cable TV channel is hyped as 'Television for women.' ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
When Beethoven died, only five people attended his funeral, and that
included the Priest.
2. - d
3. Powder Puff Derby
4. - a
6. Horatio Hornblower
7. Clarissa Harlowe Barton (Accepted ; Clara Barton)
The funeral was held on 29 March 1827 at the parish church in Alsergrund,
and he was buried in the Währing cemetery, northwest of Vienna. Many
thousands of citizens lined the streets for the funeral procession. As with
all crowds, estimates vary, with witnesses reporting anywhere from 10,000 to
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi