DID YOU KNOW...
Breast cancer is more common in the left breast than the right. The left
breast is 5 - 10% more likely to develop cancer than the right breast. The
left side of the body is also roughly 5% more prone to melanoma (a type of
skin cancer). Nobody is exactly sure why this is.
1. Who was the Anglican cleric who helped found the Methodist Church?
a. - John Calvin
b. - John Wesley
c. - Samuel Becket
d. - John Wycliff
2. The practice of producing male singers with this class of voice type was
made illegal in Italy in 1870. What type of singer is this, whose
designation is derived from the surgery which removes the testicles?
3. The majority of Belgium's people, about 60%, speak Dutch and are known as
(Hint; One Word, begins with 'F')
4. Who Am I ??
I was one of the first women to swim the "male only" strokes (butterfly and
back). Unable to attend the 1940 Olympics due to the outbreak of WWII, I
turned to Hollywood and found success. Known as a "Water Nymph" of the
Silver Screen, who am I?
5. With which 1952 western starring Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly is the song
"Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling" associated?
6. What is the name of the fertilizer obtained from bird droppings?
7. Arthur Miller wrote what play about the trials and tribulations of the
life of Willy Loman and his family ?
a. - the Crucible
b. - A View From the Bridge
c. - After the Fall
d. - Death of a Salesman
8. Bible Trivia ; Joseph put a silver cup in one of his brothers' sacks.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The 'Hollywood' sign atop Mount Lee is four stories high, and has a total
weight of 480,000 pounds.
1. - b
4. I am Esther Williams
5. 'High Noon'
7. - d
August 1978 - The old Sign is demolished and for the first time in more than
50 years, Angelenos are without the Sign for three months. Workers pour 194
tons of concrete to anchor the Sign, and helicopters drop a massive new
steel frame in place. Placing on the corrugated baked enamel letters was the
November 1978 - The new Sign, four stories high, 450-feet long and weighing
480,000 lbs., is unveiled on Hollywood’s 75th Anniversary celebration in
November 1978 live to a television audience of 60 million.
More 'Hollywood' Highlights -
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi